Good girls asking for money...

Old Hippie

drogon said:

I can not see the point of comparing prices in the USA or whatever place with prices in Thailand..........

i am not comparing prices between the US and Thailand . I'm placing things from a perspective of what I can financially afford. Sending a chick 20,000bt for a month is the equivalent for me to a night of partying.

I believe in keeping a chick according to a style that I am used to. I want her to have the means to keep herself healthy, productive and beautiful. She will have her own apartment in a secure building,money to cover her expenses as well as to splurge a little.

I don't base sponsorship on that nonsense of "the average Thai office worker with a college education can earn. . ." or "the average wage in Thailand is . . .". I utilize the JJsushi can afford and will spend . . . " formula.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Why contemplate helping or sponsoring a chick if you can't afford it?..."

My offer would only be if I was seriously considering marrying her. Doing something to get her ready for the transition to farang line, like school, English classes etc, tranitional support if you will.

"...Makes me wonder why guys will spend US $2000 for airfare and hotel to travel to LOS will moan and groan about 1000bt ST. I mean seriously why bother to go if you have to count each and every satang?..."

Some guys have less money then you apparently do, so they need to budget. The budgeting allows them to actually go on a holiday. I agree, having to count coins sucks, but is a fact for many of us. If I didn't work for an airline, I couldn't afford to go as often.

"... WHO CAME UP WITH THE STUPID LOGIC THAT IF A CHICK ASKS FOR YOUR FINANCIAL HELP THEN SHE IS NO GOOD YET IF SHE NEVER ASKS OR IF SHE TURNS DOWN HELP THEN SHE IS A KEEPER?

Sounds like a person that does not have or places an unhealthy value on money believes that nonsense, ..."

Not sure who came up with it, but I do consider it. Again, we are NOT talking about a girl I am involved with, this was/were girls I knew well. One I was involved with long ago, and had no contact with for almost a year. The other I was seriously involved with, and partedwayswith 3 years back, a year after parting, she ran the idea of sponsoring her. I know her well, and she tells me all her details, she is a scammer for sure!At least she admits it. The other was more a casual date/friend...this was the girl who asked for the biggest amount...

My question in sending money to any girl is how do you know you are the only one sending it? you may think you are special, you may think she is "different" etc, but the bottom line remains, it could all be a scam, and how do you/we really know the difference. We more less expect BGs to ask/try something, but when a girl with an education and a job tries it, it seems different, or has a different feel to it, especially it you giving her money is the only basis for the relationship...

Oh, a point I failed to mention in my original post, she said the 20,000bht was so her father's new wife can open a food shop...I failed to mention, I have not met them, and she has said I can't meet them, until we have a serious relationship, (which SHE has held off on) as her father would be likely to get angry if she was with a farang...so, assuming the money is really for this purpose (I have my doubts) then why help them if they might hate me? or openly despise me? or even harm me? ("...maybe father angry, box you...not sure...") I see no point to it at all. Also, I see no end to her asking...giving would be fine, if I had some sort of relationship going with her, with a permanent goal in mind...as we don't (her choice) I see no need to throw the money away on her...to many better places to give it, where more people will benifit...just my thoughts...

I agree, dating is expensive as shit! and not really worth it, but then at least you get to enjoy (hopefully) the dinner and night out. I can't see working my ass off to send some girl 20K so she can shop and party, which might well happen...trust is everything in these situations, and frankly, I don't trust her.

Sushi has a point, a good point. 20K a month is peanuts, or 5 night sleep in a lousy htel in Paris and quite OK to get priority service or the illusion(?) of exclusivity of a girl anywhere in the world.

Random, you'll have a hard time try and have me get up early if I only hope to make 500 bucks in the morning. Money can't buy love, but there ain't such a dillusion as luv anyway

[color:"blue"]"I have never ever ever known a Thai girl to maintain a long term relationship with a Farang without a direct improvement to her financial situation.

Have you?"

Yes, I have. Quite a few.

Same here mate, you guys need make some friends sometime...

[/color]

Thank you gentlemen for such posts. Some of us have money, some just don't want the money whether we have a lot or not. Now I do not want to debate what is a lot (definition), what is a lot for someone can be just a day's expense for a night's party :worship:and I sure glad to hear that. May be some of this money can go for starving children.

Jasmine

" what is a lot for someone can be just a day's expense for a night's party and I sure glad to hear that. May be some of this money can go for starving children."

Are you crazy?? Aren't there moderators in this board to censor such an outright insanity?

Random, do starving young girls, not children :nono:

[color:"blue"]" what is a lot for someone can be just a day's expense for a night's party and I sure glad to hear that. May be some of this money can go for starving children."

Are you crazy?? Aren't there moderators in this board to censor such an outright insanity?

Random, do starving young girls, not children

[/color]

:elephant: :chili:Opps :D

Jasmine :o

jasmine said:

[color:"blue"]" what is a lot for someone can be just a day's expense for a night's party and I sure glad to hear that. May be some of this money can go for starving children."

Random, do starving young girls, not children

[/color]

:elephant: :chili:Opps :D

Jasmine :o

There has not been a decent moderator on this board since I was sacked last year! A good moderator would have moved this thread to the arts forum ages ago! Not that I am bitter or anything.....

jasmine said:

[color:"blue"] Remember, these are supposedly "good Thai girls," good education and jobs, good families etc...and as I have said, other guys I know have run into this also... now, thoughts on this matter? Discuss please...

[/color]

OH, it is just that you look like $$$$ is dripping off your body, it is difficult to resist my man :elephant: I am fight my urges real hard to ask you for some too.

By the my Mercedes just became a year old this month, I can use a new model, pretty please? :o

Jasmine

Well, I am sure we could work something out...send me your bank details, and I'll see what I can come up with.

Archived