Good girls asking for money...

Old Hippie

OH:

Discuss please...

---------------------------

sure, anything that demolishes that infamous myth of the GTG is pure balm to me.

Jasmine, I wish to repeat what my thai buddy told me last week was the trait he'd think first about "thai" women: money! They like to have it (no problem) and they like someone giving it to them (maybe problem).

Unlike what someone said previously, i do not see they think it's a bad thing they're doing by asking, and possibly getting it. OH is a nice guy, and a nice guy is generous. Just about covers it all.

Er....End of discussion, I wish i had more to say! :(

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, jaz, got up on the right foot this morning, still nothing to add.

GTG or BG, most of the marriages are based on the hubbies providing much more than she does to herself, and if some of these think the girl will stick if they were to be permanently coming down to her financial level, with little certainty it ever raises again, let them dream.

Now, that is also the case in farangland, except that with LOS, some would have us think GTG means love, honesty, loyalty, no calculation, so much easier to handle than a BG, and so normal. Yep, maybe, as long as you keep your level of affluence, and your side of the arrangement, you'd be a fool to believe, has never entered her mind, marrying you.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys have ever been to Thailand outside of the bar/massage parlor scene.

Have you ever heard of the term "minor wife" and a host of other terms that describe a relationship witha female outside of marriage?

Have you ever heard that farang are considered to be financially better off?

Do you not know that a woman in need will ask a man that has some interest in her for financial assistance if she perceives that he has the means to help? Regardless of her own financial status?

Wake up boys this Thailand, you pay the cost to be the boss! Younger pussy for older men has a no limit price tag outside of the P4P commercial scene.

I hear alot of grumbling around here over the paltry amounts of 10,000-20,000bt per month given to women that are being sponsored. That is fucking peanuts. Do you know that some Thai men support 2 and if they have serious money 3 households? 20,000bt is one day of shopping for some of these "good " thai girls. Depending on your station/status and the extent of the relationship the girl will even warrant a Honda, Merc or BMW to drive around in on top of her monthly allowance. Don't forget housing too.

Bottom line is that as a farang if you are percieved to have money then a Thai chick will ask you for assisstance at some point; if your a bahtless fellow then don't worry they won't expect much.

Sometimes I think these forums are filled with a bunch of clueless freaking amateurs. This is Asia boys, wake up!! If you can't play the game then don't even pretend like you want to. Don't come to the $100 minimum table with $5 chips!!

ChristianTroy said:
Old Hippie said:

They said these "good girls" need to be told this is wrong, and need to know their behavior is inappropriate. So I decided to explain myself to her...

EXACTLY!

If your relationship only works when you give her money...

Then I have news for you:

This is not a relationship... this is a business!

You got a lot to learn my boy. That is the most nonsensical bit of rationaleI have heard in a long while. Think about your statement and then think about some scenarios in which your statement would not stand the litmus test.

"...paltry amounts of 10,000-20,000bt per month given to women that are being sponsored. That is fucking peanuts...."

Sigh...I have a feeling..."...here we go again? :) ..." Anyway, I would not throw this money away on a woman I have NO RELATIONSHIP with other then giving her money...my whole dealings with her to date have been taking her out to dinner and movies etc, have not slept with her, and she says she does not want to be my girl friend "...yet..."...why would I just start throwing 20,000bht at a girl? especially if it is clear to me that she has no interest other than getting this money, and doing NOTHING for it/me? As 20,000 is peanuts, could you put me on a monthly stipened of say 15-20,000 bht a month? with NO FUCKING/SEX!!! :) No? Why not?

"...Wake up boys this Thailand, you pay the cost to be the boss! Younger pussy for older men has a no limit price tag outside of the P4P commercial scene..."

I have said this all along "...it is never really free..." a statement which I believe you have disagreed with before...

"...Sometimes I think these forums are filled with a bunch of clueless freaking amateurs..."

So do I. But then I play at the $5 tables, and am happy to do so. If you want to pay more and enjoy doing so, be my guest.

"...Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys have ever been to Thailand outside of the bar/massage parlor scene..."

I've never actually been to Thailand, I make most of my shit up, and plagerize the rest... :) In all seriousness, I don't see much difference in principle between a girl who is a minor wife, and one who works in a bar...the minor wife might be getting a better deal, if she is smart about it, and plans properly, but she'll lose the support eventually, and if she hasn't been smart with her money/opertunities, then she'll be no better off...both are basically whores in my book...

The point of my post is/was that I see a new trend developeing here, that is girls who are outside the bar scene, asking for money, outside of any real relationship. It strikes me as odd that I girl I hadn't seen in a year or so, and parted sort of bad with would just call me and ask for money...frankly, I think they view us as chumps who throw our money away, which some guys here do...

The good girl that prompted this post, borrowed 5000 from me, and paid it back. I also gave her money to get a passport, so we could travel outside of Thailand, she says she did, I haven't seen it, though she did send me a photo copy of it. She is always busy on the weekend, and goes "home" to Nakhon Nayok a lot, and can never get off work to travel, despite making plans to do so. So I have concluded all said was a ruse, and have moved on, cut my loses to the costs of dinner and movies and a passport. I don't see a need to keep throwing money at her, it has gone on about a year or so...known her for 3 years...

Frankly, I can think of better places to throw 20,000bht than to a girl who I doubt will appreciate it, and will no doubt keep asking for more...I think a lot of these girls take the money and laugh at the guy...

My two cents is that language is the problem. GTG and BG is a dumb use of terminology if you want to discuss Thai women. The logic to start with is the source of the dispute, IMHO.

People are people in the end. Nice girls from factories freelance on occasion as do slutty girls from factories. Prostitutes get out of the scene and go back to _______ [insert provincial town] and some stay way past their glory days in the Nana parking lot. MP's and bars draw different ladies its all different and personal.

The core issue of the situation is people who need money, and look to those better off than them for support or handouts. Its not completely without reason in a country where the GDP is 7,000USD per person or thereabouts and alot of the nation is saddled in debt. Including people's families and the older generation.

If you want a blanket example of the economic situation there is massive debt and NPL's in the agriculture sector that is estimated between 50-70 billion baht, which supports[oxymoron] nearly 60% of the populace at least partially. The entire sector is unprofitable from buffalo to pineapple these days. This is not an explanation but a detail to point out the provincial level people need money.

Without getting political any further I'll get back to women. The fact is some girls spend it all on phones and shoes, and don't give a satang to mum and dad who are whores. The same with certain rich ones in BMW's shopping daily at Emporium. Its a matter of choice, and human nature.

Its all part of the great tragic comedy of humanity and how people carry on :: nothing more to me. Getting set on an easy life can lead girls to ask for money. But I know loads of GTG's in this semantically flawed terminology who borrow money from not just guys but friends and co-workers.

cheers,

the_numbers

Archived