Welcome to paradise........maybe

Bembaman

KS, I do not think i am pulling you into any discussion. I could have written NP.com instead of KS. and should have. The points stay the same.

I must say that the attitude you choose with me about such trifles, is the reason why I enjoy the site but will actually not participate at length or donate anything towards it anymore (that will include contest prizes, one has to feel a bit welcome....).

Though I supported you at the time of the mods renewal, actually never opposed you, you have never had a friendly attitude towards me, or over the past 5 years for that matter and others, not even once called on someone to rescind his insults to me or my GF, unless i insisted you did, and then, i got a lukewarm "Ok, I'll try"...

Just a thought i had for a while.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry - when you start a arguement you cant go back and change what you wrote!

-----------------------------------

I did not, and it is clear to see, the posts are there. You made a big fus about punters having to see kids, I have no idea why. To save you time to look again, i wropte that they have little chance to see kids, since at 7am, they are in bed, since few hang out or stay far from the Nightlife area. I never even once wrote that punters do see kids going to school, you made that up.

firstly you flamed mekong

---------------------------------

Flame? You are too sensitive. Why don't you get on JJ's case, he does that every other day, and i don't see you lecturing him. Mekong got at me with his last unneeded sentence, i replied in kind. Does happen on NP, you know!

Sorry, but you just went way down in my opinion, firstly you flamed mekong for correctly pointing out your errors of geeography, then you try to weazle your way out of what you clearly wrote.

-------------------------------

that again is pure BS. Show in my posts my geographic mistakes? saying P has a status, changes very little to it being the hub of activity for what's directly around it. Do dare say this is not wha i have been pointing out, and only that. These posts are just a way for you to attack me (though i never did that to you, but for you, not the first time), they have nothing to do with Pattaya or whatnot, save me the disingenuity of you "opinion of me" remark.

I can't care less what some cyber entity thinks of me. When I meet people, timwe to get the feel, the banter and needling we serve each other here has never been any indication of a person's worthiness, thank God! otherwise some of the threads you planted on NL would have me having a very low opinion of you. Thankfully, I do not take things as sanctimoniously as too many here do, except implying I am a liar, I resent very much.

I always am man enough to say I was wrong

-----------------------------------------

yeah, well, I did, you just don't remember it or was not there.

Now, if you want to keep the debate on Pattaya becoming, or not, an urban center/hub less dependant on the sex nightlife, and being a city like many others in thailand (or not), on top of being a tourist resort, I am all ears.

Fuxin Bollox it is 23km I drive it every morning and night

---------------------------------------------

That confirms one can live in a statufied city and work elsewhere, thanks! :up:

In the morning, looking around you, is it mostly expats driving or being driven?

from where?

From Pattayacity limits on Suk to Laem Chabang is not 23kms.

If you prefer, choose your spot where to start from Pattaya/Suk, let's bet a hundred bucks on who gets the closest distance, though for fairness, i cannot claim now it's more than 23kms and you can't, less than 23kms.

No Jomtien please, You guys say it's foreign to Pattaya.

f that is what you need out of life I feel sorry for you

----------------------------------------

crap again? Ok, guess you needed to get back at me for using a, ouh lala, smelly word.

Now here is an example, yet again, of someone not reading any of what i write. You don't have to, granted, but do not assume. I live 2 miles away from the NL, when in Pattaya, I never go to any girlie bars or gogos, save if a buddy is in town, once in a while i like to sit at Jenny's on walking St, have a drink (rather than2).

Most of the people I relate to on a daily basis, have nothing to do with the NL. A majority of them are thais, some work outside of pattaya, some inside, as i said, it's a lot more diverse than a decade ago and before (pretty much all i say, not sure what irks you ::).

for christ sake only last week there was a 40 minute downpour and Soi Sukradee (Soi Ar) was flooded yet again

-----------------------------------

I was going to make a point, but i read this kind of desingenuosity, and I give up. BKK does not get flooded? Chiang Mai does not get flooded? Dude, you are living in a rose-tinted Thailand yourself, if the level of water tells you what is considered urban and not. Second disingenuisoty, I never claimed Pattaya was developped, you are trying to use the western sense of developped country, when I simply said it's getting more urban developped.

Feel free to think Pattaya has not changed, urbanly since you lived there years ago, I have had a few chuckles about it in my mail, I am just the one stupid enough to get engaged about it. Explain to me what is rose-tinted about people going to work, and kids to school in the morning. This one escaped me too.

And don't fopret about Laem Chabang. I pledge the 100$ towards contest prizes :).

Just wondering what got you guys so camped up, I went back myself to my posts, and yes, i said something that lacked precision, and should have been qualified:

"pattaya is part of the industrial eastern seabord".

geographically, i will not rescind, it is clearly within the boundaries between Rayong and Chonburi city. but it let imply it is directly involved in industrial manners, intra muros, including adjacent cities (which Laem Chabang is not). Not so, people may live there, but as the traffic in the morning shows, more than a few have to leave the city to go to work. (see ND, no problem with finding fault in my posts)

Pretty much, this golf site excerpt summed up what I meant better AFA the general outlook of the region. I doubt they'd exclude Pattaya from it, with all the golf courses around it.

"The Eastern Seaboard is the centre of much of Thailand's industrial industry, but also contains extensive sugar-cane, tapioca and coconut plantations. Fishing is a major industry and the seafood offered in the many world class restaurants is second to none. The benign climate allows swimming, sailing and snorkel diving in the clear Gulf waters to be major attractions at any time of the year".

Hi,

"KS, I do not think i am pulling you into any discussion. I could have written NP.com instead of KS. and should have. The points stay the same. "

Sorry, but I think you were using my name to somehow give more credibility to you argument; insinuating that since I agree you must be right (like I know everythng :) ).

"you have never had a friendly attitude towards me"

Never really realized this, but you may be right. Of course I don't think the opposite is true either. Thing is that I do not know you, at least not on a personal level; we have never met.

All I know is your online personality and there you regularly come over as a know-it-all and while this may be unconsious it is rather annoying.

As for insults, I would have to actually see them (and recognize them as such) and I nowadays read less than halve the posts on this board. Besides this goes the other way as well, I remember having to ask you 2 or 3 times to stop pestering another poster.

Anyway, if I have been lacking in friendliness to you, then I apoligize. Why don't we try to hook up on your next trip and get to know each other a bit better outside of the online world?

Sanuk!

Firstly this is not directed at KS, i just clicked on reply.

To be honest this thread has taken the road of many a thread on this board. I have been using this board now for about 5 years, and while i will occasionally use or read other boards for other useful information, i consistently read this board to get the feel of thailand, (cant be there all the time so this is the next best thing).

Im not sure if im alone in this or not, but after 5 years or so (ten trips) im not a total newbie anymore, but i must admit that on alot of occasions i dont reply or dont post anything simply because to many posts either get flamed or go totally on a different tangent, and on some occasions the originall question never gets responded to.

To be honest alot of these times it is of pure bullshit value to the post. Sometimes it can be people being allittle to soft skined, eg, a person makes a witty remark but forgets to put a icon before of after, next thing it gets taken the wrong way and here we go again, or someone hits the reply button and a reply gets directed at him/her and they dont have anything to do with what they are getting alot of times flamed for eg paul in this post, at least in this occasion i think it was well if forget sorry about that, but they posted to let paul know he thought it was an error, so no dramas.

K S on this occasion u should have used your wisdom and pvt messaged p127 and addressed the issues there without publicly well to me anyway reprimanded him, which of course then dragged u into the debate.

All the main three players in this debate, i wont say argument because it should be a debate, have all contributed on alot of occasions wisely to the board, and i have probably used information from all three at times.

We are all different, and what we are on this thing can alot of times be quiet different in real life, Some people generalise in statements because it is easier eg i live in brisbane, now logan, ipswich, redcliffe are all different councils so really not brisbane as such, but in a conversation i would say they r part of brisbane, however i don understand that some people are factual in every way so to them i would have to say yes they are not part of brisbane.

Just a thought maybe mods should moderate a little more as into the content, and if a thread is getting of line, then drag it back on line, if things are getting personal then yes step in and help negotiate(i know there will be many reasons why this cant happen,) if not publicly then pvt them and advise.

Just my thought, im sure we all want this board to grow, some people will leave the board some will become disgruntled, and some just plain wont have time, the one thing i think we should have in common is that this is a great information source, and we need it to continue and grow, so new bloood is needed, and if at times we are aloud to or act as if we are errant little schoolboys/girls, then i dont think this would be all that attractive to the new punter.

Hey guys just my thoughts, not saying anyone is right or wrong, just constructive criticism(well thats the way it was meant anyway)

by the way congats to nervous dog, on your new marriage hope it all goes well(i loook forward to maybe reeading about your trials and tribulations in your new path together)

oh yes i know i cant spell for shit but hey i can lift heavy things :)

<<oh yes i know i cant spell for shit but hey i can lift heavy things >>

Me too!

Sorry Paul - 127 called Mekong Crap and I was responding to that, quick reply can be misleading.

I stick by mine and Moekong statements, Pattaya is the discussion, NOT whats going on elsewhere in the provence!

Seems some people write more words than wisdom. I won;t bother going on as when you can;t admit your wrong, pointless to argue boring for everyone.

For what its worth, most of the hard core punters I know think Pattaya is getting better and better, must be the flooding and traffic jams that atracts them ;)

DOOG

ND, frankly,

I hate Pattaya, full of low rent/low end trash tourists. As I appreciate the subtle nuances of Thai culture, in ways others don't/can't, I naturally prefer other places. To me, Pattaya just isn't the real Thailand...Sure for the ill informed, it may cut it, but to anyone who knows anything, Thailand is more than crap discos, cheap pussy and a lousy beach...but then guys like you and I know that, and with a few more posts, so will Dumsoda. Maybe soon he will be fit to sit with us at Gulliver's.

Archived