Welcome to paradise........maybe

Bembaman

Old Hippie said:

Thailand is more than crap discos, cheap pussy and a lousy beach...but then guys like you and I know that, and with a few more posts, so will Dumsoda. Maybe soon he will be fit to sit with us at Gulliver's.

O my Buddha, Mr. Hippie, Sir, you have just made my day. I will do anything (well almost...there are some things that just don't cut it with me.)

(Almost) acceptance by my Idols....I'm all flushed with excitement....this is sooooo exciting for a newbie....words fail me..I think I need a cup of tea and an aspirin.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALHOLK

i made those comments from what i have read on this Board.

i see many posts about 'if you stay there you will have to get the Baht Bus into Town'

'don't go to Walking Street' and suchlike.

obviously i don't know the whole story.

the reason i like Patong is because i am a boring and lazy Person.

only 3 times have i EVER been in a Bar which was more than 10 Minutes walk from my Hotel.

i like the easiness of picking a BG up for a S/T and taking them back to my room.

i like my room,i feel more comfortable than in a S/T Hotel.

having to make a trek does not interest me.

Bangla Road has everything i need (food,drink and Women) within 3-4 Minutes walk.

my only proper visit to BKK also saw me following the boring path.

i stayed at the Nana and while with Members of this Board i visited Soi 33 and Cowboy.

but apart from that in the p4p respect the furthest i strayed from the Nana was Edens and Lolitas.

so once again i show you that i am boring and like to frequent places within a short walking distance.

Mekong,

That last post of you was *way* over the top and I am seriously considering banning your ass for a week.

Just went back through the thread and see that I had already been forced to edit one of your posts for the same crap yesterday, so I think it is time for you to cool down a bit.

See you back in a week.

Sanuk!

KS, ND,

one word:

Let's have a drink, when i get to BKK. I see more ego stuff in these strong exchanges that on-topic value.

I could not care less what Pattaya is or will be. I love to travel, and the condo I have there, plus the few amenities around the city suffice me, added to my now legendary daily ride bikes on every damned road outside of town. I digged the city for the past 3am craziness, would easily go out at 6am, til.... All of this is gone, and I am no punter. Convenience will be of the order more than anything else. My idea is more Chiang mai later on. Heck, maybe Mandalay!

But pattaya has been quite a part of my life these past decades, so on a personal level, the place has fuckin' delivered. I know it does other guys, who went past the conventional perception. Does not put down any other place, island, or city. LP met his wife in Phuket, which i do not like too much, but I sure understand how close to his heart the place is.

PS: KS, we met, twice at Woodstock. maybe my name did not ring a bell! :D

Pattaya just isn't the real Thailand

------------------------------------

no, it's not, as neither is NEP or Annie's, or Patong, etc...

It's what we do of our time there that counts, and how we deal with the moments we spend with some of the girls we meet. I think, many get a lot of Thailand out of their GFE. The guys I know who go to Pattaya can attest I always tell them to get out of the place, go some place, alone or with the GF.

Now for 2 years, I have been acquainted with thai people living in the sois behind Tepprasit Rd. They are absolutely not related professionally with the nightlife. Full families, grand-ma, daughters, in-laws , grand kids...plus a few dogs! We've done many things together, just as i would upcountry. doing charity work at the orphanage, temple days, cooking, eating, driving here and there, even one day up to korat and the Gf's village, 11 of us. I did not dream this. There are real people living in every city in thailand, pattaya is just one of them too.

Then, on the northern part, near Banglamung, ihave my friend O. and his 2 kids, so more family reunions, playing with them, going to their schools when they have a special performance.

"New petchaburi" will be back when i am there. Likewise, I am sure we will have times closer to family types than sitting gawking at girls.

I just find it damned easy to stay in Pattaya and eschew the 2 streets and a half that makes its reputation. It does not have to be the magnet one can't escape, when one's life is a bit more settled.

Hope this does not sound too opinionated. Just my life when i am there. And i do get out and criss cross the country still. As long as the old bones can take a few hours in the bus, and there is a festival happening in whoknowswhereburi, you may meet P127 there! And his freakin' Canon cam! ::

All,

All this talk about the "real Thailand" is just so much silliness really. Thailand is a big country. There are many "Thailands" in Thailand. From the most remote village to the city of Bangkok itself. All have their good sides to enjoy, and all have their downsides that one must endure at times. Same for the people, farang and Thai. I don't go out of my way to avoid anyone, unless they seem the type I don't want to associate with, be they Thai or farang. Avoiding people just because of their nationality is silly. I meet great people here in Thailand. I enjoy a chat with a strange unintroduced farang as much as meeting a friendly Thai or goofing with the village kids. I just try to enjoy where ever I happen to be, BKK, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Surin, the villages. All can be fun, all can have a bad spot. Hell I even enjoy going to the funerals, or helping a relative get their bags of rice to the rice plant to cash in, or as I did this weekend, take the family and some village kids up to the Cambo border and splash in the waterfalls. Had fun with farang friends in BKK a month ago, and I am enjoying myself in Surin and the village. The real Thailand is ... well ... fucking Thailand man! It can be all things to all types of people. It has much to offer.

And yipee! There is a new Pizza Connection opening up soon in the Surin Plaza complex! We have no pizza shops up here, and the one that some Chinese dude opened a while back was so bad even Thais wouldn't eat his horrid pizza! :D Pizza Connection might not be "real" pizza :: but it's better than nothing and a sight better than that Chinee guy's crap pizza! ::

Cent

Hell I even enjoy going to the funerals,

--------------------------------------------

yes, all these things happen anywhere. Just riding out of Pattaya, thru all the little villages or along Suk, you can fall upon such events, and even a funeral, people welcome you, it's somehting that would never happen in the west. Also, tons of temple fairs. they have posters, you just have to ask people, with a limited thai, what date, what occasion. these things happen almost for the asking, just getting your butt off the bar.

Last year, January, they had Buddah relics from Sri lanka, Burma and thailand, in Banglamung, that's 5 minutes outside of Pattaya. Not a farang in sight, but i went there every day, made friends with one of the patriarchs of the Sri Lanka Sangha, same age as me. I felt embarassed, he had me sit next to him, with people bowing at his feet, while we chatted...

Hundred of people every day, dancers and drummers for each time the relic was shown, morning and evening. This went on for 2 months, the last day was done in full glory, more dancers, more drummers, more people, and still not one farang in sight. One of the great buddhist occasions of the Land.

Stuff happens right under your nose, and people have no idea. Thais do live a life they are not always trying to peddle to farangs, so the posters were in thai. But if you are curious, ask around, they let you know, and welcome you for the interest you show to their culture.

I see tons of events, fairs, you just have to make the effort, but you are rewarded a hundred times. That's Thailand for me. you never know what's going to happen, but, sure as shit, it happens. Always! :up:

Just out of Curiousity I reset the Tripmeter on the car tonight as I passed the Main Laem Chaebang turn off from Sukhumvit (the Laem Chaebang bypass from 36 that crosses 3 highway at the flyover)

3.4 KM Entrance to LC Port (it is still 2 KM to any industry from that Enrance)

3.7 KM Near JET Station Signpost that Says "PATTAYA 17 KM"

10 KM The new set of Traffic Lights on Sukhumvit North of Route 36 Interchange

21.4 KM Soi Sukrudee, traveling most direct route Eastbound on Pattaya Nua then behind Big C

FYI P127 you cannot claim that anywhere North of Nua is Pattaya, It is Naklua (Hat Wong Ammat, not Hat Pattaya)same as you said Jomtiem is out of the equation.

Did I hear some loudmouthed "Mr Know It All" state that if it was more than 10 KM he would donate US$100 to the Contest Prize Fund.

Put up or Shut Up

Nothing more to say on the Subject QED

Archived