Why not?

khunsanuk

Hi,

"Hmm it sounds like the prolific posters who routinely add useful content, photos and comments should have the opportunity to earns points or something that can go towards who knows what."

Yes, a reward system. We have something along those lines now with the Board Sponsor title, but unfortunately there are not enough benefits to make it really interesting.

Open to suggestions on what we could do to make it more interesting though.

Your suggestion of getting prizes in exchange for content is good, but may be a bit hard to manage.

Sanuk!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was taking another look at hotel and restaurant ratings for some personal info and there is where you could possibly find your prizes or whatnot. Right now the guys go to Gullivers but you could have another joint willing to offer prolific board members who do constructive reviews of their establishments could receive discounts at the establishments or bars, hotels or ago-gos could maybe offer a dorky hat or T-shirt? Who knows be creative.

The restaurants and pubs could do themselves a favor by hosting parties or events whenever the guys do come to visit and if they look exciting enough on the board more folks might just swing by these places. Good business for the board and for the establishments.

That kind of stuff takes awhile to happen but could really pay off with determination.

Hi,

"prolific board members who do constructive reviews of their establishments could receive discounts at the establishments"

Wouldn't this make the reviews lose their objectivity? I mean write something nice about a place and get some goodies, write something bad and do not get those goodies.

Sanuk!

kc2000 said: Like i said we all know which ones are good and which ones are not. Just stick your head in the door and see if there are a lot or few customers inside. The touts always say lookie for free. The public has voted and it has voted "I dont give a damn about agogo reviews". No disrespect intended.

Do we? I know which were good and which weren't when I was a regular visitor to go-go's but I haven't been now for many years and if I wanted to go to them I would no doubt find the reviews very helpfull. Anyway what about the newbies and the first time visitors, it must be very usefull to them when they are faced with 3 red light districts and don't know where to start.

did someone say free sex!!! i didnt think it was possible after all handsimmann was flamed mercilessly for telling people he was getting free sex....

wow what a difference a couple of months makes....

by the way ive been getting shitloads of free sex so na na na :neener:

Yep, good point Munchmaster, if you are a newbie to BKK it would be useful to know the best places to go, using this site as a reference.

Then again.... KC2000 also has a good point. Just stick your head in the door; if its quiet it?s naff, if it?s full it's probably good. Either way, within a 30 second walk you will find something to your suiting. Let?s be honest... its not rocket science. I think this site's content is very good, but then again would it not be easier to just post in the nightlife forum ''hey guys, I'm new to BKK, gimme 5 good go-go's to visit''. At least that would be in real time?

I haven?t posted much on this site, but I am a frequent 'idle browser'. When I have posted, its usually stuff like ''I need ADSL'' or ''where can I buy knock off golf clubs'' and the response has always been greatly appreciated, in turn I have tried to partake in other posts when I have an opinion, or if I can answer a query. If I was to go whore hunting I wouldn?t pay any attention to a ranking system, I would just pose the question on the forum...

Also, newbie?s will probably not partake in a go-go ranking system. The problem here is that you have two different perspectives.... an old timer may rank a go-go bar after he has been there numerous times, resulting in possibly a bias opinion towards the joint, if the 'good old days' in his opinion are no longer, he may post a shit review - but it could still be a great place to a newbie who has not seen the 'good old days'.

First u have poor site integration/user interface. So most people don't know or look for the features that you offer. People like simplicity,ease of use and clean interfaces.

Second, You don't cultivate your senior members. You let once active members fade and rely too much on new blood making contributions.

Guys who posted prolificly are moderators. Previous moderators are probably alienated in some sense. The problem with an entrenched group of senior moderators is that they get to "cliquish" and form a sort of "group think". Which other senior members can sense and thus stop participating. Maybe you should rotate your moderators every so many months. Pick 24 guys and rotate them.

Remember new blood does not keep a site going it is old loyal blood that keeps a site up with the addition of new blood.

Third, people are busy and have other interests in life or don't have the time to log in. Do u have a function that will allow people to recieve excerpts from new posts or threads that can be sent to their e-mail. That way if someone has certain interests they will recieve daily or weekly updates that they can view without logging into the board. You can also e-mail people about important updates and features of the board too. This way u keep older members involved who just can't log in often. Think of how many guys who want to log in at work but they can't because of the nature of the website. They can check their e-mails and if something grabs their interest they will log in @ home.

Ok I looked through the go-go review system and I think it needs to be redone a bit.

The black text on white background gives it a feel as if you are reading a report from work. The last thing I think anybody wants is to feel like you are working while looking through go-go reviews.

In my personal opinion I think the 5 star rating system should be used. This will allow viewers to easily idenfity the ratings of different go-go's without having to read as much. Less text and more graphics would help take away the feeling of reading data computations.

Also on individual comments it should list the rating they gave the bar(Which could be shown in stars next to their name, 3/5 would show 3 bright stars and 2 dull ones).

I think another good idea would be to have a way to identify what the current hot spots are. This could be simply by putting a little flame icon next to the bar name if it has had say more then 3-5 excellent reviews in the past month.

Anything that would help make it easier on the eyes and perhaps jazz it up a bit.

Archived