Do You want to see it end...?

Old Hippie

KS,

Good to know that your realistic enough to know that it won't end.

However, even if it would end, we're talking about the Farang scene, isn't it?

What about the vast Thai prostitution scene, where we foreigenrs have hardly any knowledge of, what about that, that will even more likely never end.

Even if the foeriegner sex scene would end, the local Thai scene will never end.

This leads to another interesting angle, what makes a girl decide, once she makes to step into prostitution, where's she's going to work. In the foreigner scene or in the Thai scene?

Or is it really just where ever her friend/sister/other village girl happens to work?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"However, even if it would end, we're talking about the Farang scene, isn't it?"

Were we? Don't know if the distinction was made. My answer was for the question to end all prostitution, which as I said will never happen. I'd be happy if they would just legalize it, but even that I think will never happen as it would mean admitting there is prostitution (which the Thai government will likely not do).

"Or is it really just where ever her friend/sister/other village girl happens to work? "

I would say that is true for the majority of cases.

Sanuk!

KS,

Thanks Appreciateyour honesty and the answer. Now for theother guys...? "_ Actually, I can see a guy thinking "well if it ended, thegirls would be better off (maybe) and I'd be better off as well...(maybe) so I could see an altruistic/idealistic vote, in a hypothetical situation...

khunsanuk said:

The ohter reason is more selfish. Wiping out prostitution may reduce the crap Thai wifes / GFs of farangs have to deal with. Maybe it will make Thais realize that not all Thai girls with a farang are ex-bargirls.

Sanuk!

Here Here!

khunsanuk said:

"Or is it really just where ever her friend/sister/other village girl happens to work? "

I would say that is true for the majority of cases.

Sanuk!

Strange one this is.

For example gilr one I mentioned in the Smart girls thread. I asked her why she didn't start to work in BKK, Phuket or PTY. She said she didn't know anybody there and one of the girls in the bar she works at now she does know and she knows Samui really well........ ::

Asking her about the fact that some old customers of the restaurant she worked at may recognise her she came up with some stories but the first time I met her in her new bar, she was extremely uncomfortable and very embarrassed and I'm sure she went through that a few times or a few more times will still come up. ::

I think it would definitely clean up Thailands image if it were gone. More people know about the country via its whores rather than its culture, even though the farang segment is just a fraction of the big picture. Think of all the people you've come across who've been jaded by the whole scene, and not just the girls in the bars. There is a whole lot of them IMO. Would they all be happy people again if it were all gone? Who knows.....

KS brings up a good point too.....without the fear of being labled as a prossy, more and more Thai girls would be open to going out with a farang.

Its a nice dream, but it is the world's oldest profession, and given human nature, there will never be any lack of paying customers nor willing "professionals".

As KS pointed out, its very sad when the risks of the job catch up with bar girls, and it does with many. One woman, I've known for many years at Nana Plaza, was away from work on-and off for many months, various diagnoses were mentioned, and finally disappeared all together. When I asked what happened to her, I was told "She had fun too much." A couple of women in my wife's village went home and died from AIDS. More leave for Phuket and other tourist areas every year to catch a rich farang. Its a sad fact of life, but even though it can't be stopped entiely, it can be driven underground. And that might make it worse for the women.

Archived