Self Hype/Crap Talking Thread...

Old Hippie

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it comes in toilet paper form? :o

All kidding aside, I am on a downer, my fucking flight to LOS has been cancelled. I am sitting here here in the biggest shit hole you can imagine (Luanda, Angola) I have been here 8 hours already with no food or drink I have another 8 hours ahead of me, then the only flights that they could get is flying me back to Europe. So I am off to Paris, then Paris to Frankfurt with a nice 10 hour wait then onto Los. Fucking 3 days in total, will not arrive now till afternoon on the 19th.

Fuck I hate Africa.

::

If you have never had the pleasure of going to Africa just imagine the Caribbean but 10 times slower.

So I think my winning pictures will now by more 'arty' black & white, depressing looking, basically moody reflecting my current state of mind.

:(

Anyway another self pity, I feel like you lot are gonna feel in Feb.

:neener:

I feel with you..... my first and last time in Luanda back in 1982 I got stuck there for 25 hours !!!!

Only flights were Air Angola to Paris (my flight) and other semi-commercial / military flights to Havana and Moskow.....

5 hours for check in cos one had to show how you spend each and every penny in the country, stuck in transit with the biggest hugest motherfucker rats I have ever seen, the whole building was still shot, most windows gone, no airco, and a guy next to me with a malaria attack. :(

Only 40 pax on the flights as well.......

Still have the memories and lotsa pictures as well......

Stale sandwiches and warm water at USD 5 a pop available from time to time.....

Good luck to ya !

BB

Nothing change then BB.

Least you will know what I am on about, it's so hard to explain how bad it is unless you've seen it. The wife thinks I'm joking half the time, thinks all airports are like Schipnol.

6 times I have flu out of this shit hole and 6 times delayed.

Christmas was only a mere 47 hours. So I can't complain on no flight at all this time. The funny thing is I am fly back to fucking cold Europe in flip flop, shorts and a vest. I am gonna look a right dick in Paris freezing my butt off.

I think first stop before food is clothes.

Hopefully the inbound flight to Germany is full of Thai kids so I can get my winning snaps before arriving, (just to get back on topic and away from my bitching before OH has a dig.) :neener:

You can tell I'm stuck in an airport, bored. :shakehead

Would you believe it but the wet one among us (we all know who I'm taking about) just happens to have his own website for photography. :yikes:

Here it is

http://www.limboland.net/

I demand that this cheat, ringer and probably the only one thats won awards OH, :neener: BE BANNED.

ps Limbo, promise not to hurt me if I go blowing bubbles with you. :worship:

Solo1mick said:

Finally found where OH got his many awards for photography from.:hubba:

http://www.badphotography.co.uk/

Actually quite a good site.

Figures you would know a websight dedicated to crap pictures...explains it all now.

"...I demand that this cheat, ringer and probably the only one thats won awards OH, BE BANNED..."

Ah, getting scared now and demanding my ouster are you? Desparate and pathetic! , much like your pictures...

Hope you get out of Angola soon, and have a good trip to LOS, maybe try to take somedecent pictures while there, or better yet, maybe hire a pro to take them for you...

Old Hippie said:

"...I demand that this cheat, ringer and probably the only one thats won awards OH, BE BANNED..."

Ah, getting scared now and demanding my ouster are you? Desparate and pathetic! , much like your pictures...

I was refuring to Limbo not you. :doah:

As he is the one with his own photography website and was stating that if any member has won awards then it was probably Limbo not you. :neener:

Pathetic? my pictures. He who laughs last laughs longest. ;)

Archived