Met TG online..Is she Sincere?

EmperorNeo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EmperorNeo said: I just have to keep my eyes open and give her the unexpected every once in a while to see how she responds. Kind of like a wait and see attitude but she will have to walk the thin line very carefully.

Not sure I see setting tests and studying her like a subject is a very healthy way to be approaching this in IMO. You either will trust her or you won't or you will run on cronic denial. The energy and effort put into accessing the likelihood of this girl being sincere seems to me to, by far out way the chances of you even trying to get to know her first. Listen to that little voice inside. Try and be your own best friend. What advice would you be giving me should I have been the OP. :beer:

Bust, she is not my girl... i only talked to her for a week before i made this post. I decided to create the thread just to get feedback from others as things progressed. tha'ts all :-) I never ever said she was my girl... lets all keep that in mind :-)

But if you have an online story to share it would be helpful to just about everyone as i'm sure every has or will have met someone online from a different country.

:topic:

Many people think that the Internet is a recent innovation, when in fact the fundamental ideas behind the Internet have been around for over a quarter century.

The development of what we now call the Internet started in 1957 when the Soviet Union launched Sputnik 1, the first satellite, beating the United States into space. The powers behind the American military at the time became highly alarmed as this meant that the USSR could theoretically launch bombs into space, and then drop them anywhere on earth. In 1958 the concerns of people in the US military triggered the creation of the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).

DARPA's initial role was to jump start American research in technology, find safeguards against a space-based missile attack and to reclaim the technological lead from the USSR. After only 18 months after the creation of DARPA, the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency had developed and deployed the first US satellite. DARPA went on to have a direct contribution to the development of the Internet by appointing Joseph Licklider to head the new Information Processing Techniques Office (IPTO).

It was the job of the IPTO to further the work previously done my members of the "SAGE" (Semi-Automatic Ground Environment) program and develop technologies to protect the US against a space-based nuclear attack.

Licklider envisaged the potential benefits of a countrywide communications network, influencing his successors to implement his vision and to hire Lawrence Roberts who at that time was carrying out research with networks which was also being funded by DARPA.

Roberts led development of the ARPANet network architecture, and based it on the new idea of packet switching. A special computer called an Interface Message Processor was developed to realise the design. The ARPANet first went live in October 1969, with communications between the University of California in Los Angeles and the Stanford Research Institute.

The first networking protocol used on the ARPANet was the Network Control Program. In 1983, it was replaced with the TCP/IP protocol, which is still the standard used today.

In 1990, the National Science Foundation took over management of what was then called the NSFNet, and significantly expanded its reach by connecting it to the CSNET in Universities throughout North America, and later to the EUnet throughout research facilities in Europe.

Thanks in large part to the NSF's free-thinking management, and the growing popularity of the web, the nature of the Internet changed quickly in 1992, when the U.S. government began pulling out of network management and commercial entities offered Internet access to the general public for the first time. This change marked the beginning of the Internet's astonishing expansion. According to a survey conducted by CommerceNet and Nielsen Media Research in 1997, the number of users worldwide was believed to be well into the tens of millions. The so called Internet explosion coincided with the advent of increasingly powerful yet reasonably priced personal computers with easy-to-use GUI's (Graphical User Interfaces). The result was an attraction of recent computer converts to the Internet, and new multimedia capabilities, the size, scope and design of which allows users to:

connect easily through ordinary personal computers

exchange electronic mail with friends and colleagues

post and update frequently, information for others to access

access multimedia information that includes sound, photographic images and video

access diverse attitudes and perspectives from around the world

to directly and transparently communicate between computers

Today, the Internet is not owned or funded by any one institution, organisation, or government, it is a self-sustaining widespread information infrastructure accessible to hundreds of millions of people world-wide. The Internet is, however, directed by the Internet Society (ISOC), which is composed of volunteers. ISOC appoints the IAB (Internet Architecture Board) sub-council, the appointed members of which decide on standards, network resources, and network addresses. The day-to-day issues of Internet operation is taken care by of courtesy of a volunteer group called the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force).

In brief a small number of governing boards work to establish common standards, few rules or single organisation bind the Internet, essentially the Internet is in the most part an ungoverned global network of networks.

EmperorNeo said:

Fat Aussie, i hear ya but i was using computers where there was only the Texas Instruments kind and then ADAM! :-) that's for all you old guys out there. hahhah

Back then you could hook up with girls on BBS's that had personals ads! man take me back! lol

Bloody Hell, I remember using my Commadore 64 to access BBS 79-80 time, that and CB Radio were good stalking grounds back in those days.

From what I remember though the Bulletin Boards were hosted on a server that was accessable via a local dial up, and therefore of limited coverage area rather like CB Radio, but I was relying on public transport so i didn't travel far back then.

As I said previously in this thread, IMHO "meeting" someone online is no differant than meeting them in any other scenario, if you meet someone on the BTS and you "click" you don't keep meeting on the BTS but you move it on from there and take them for coffee, next time dinner and then hopefully a shag.

I met my Mr's online, 6 years ago when I spilt up with my ex, an ex-BG 7 years together another story of Farang thinking "But She is Differant" and later realised he was just telling himself lies, I decided to play around with message boards as a means of meeting people, it was at that time I found this place on the Old Delphi Board.

Spent a bit of time, well couple of nights / week for a couple of months or so with a few BKK women, the majority had finished their education overseas until, I met my current wife in 2003, once I met her I knew, this will do me.

I have a singaporean friend who I met online about 8 months back, I told her from the outset I live in Thailand with Thai wife but often in Singapore on business, whenever I am there I take her out for dinner (at company expense) then back to the hotel to shag her stupid.

Life Gotta Love it, Computers a tool to enjoy life :D

Well this just about wraps up Miss Ubon Girl. :-)

I just called her on her mobile phone and if you remebmer a few posts back, i said she was going to see her son and then go see her parents. Well i figured i'd wait a few days to see if i would be out of her mind or what. 5 days have passed and at 10:00pm Thai time i gave her a call. It rang a few times then she answered... for sure she was outside and i could hear background noise. She kept saying "sawadee ka" a few times and i said "Hi it's Neo" :-D of course she said "Yes i know, how are you" and as i was talking the line went dead. I called back once more and it went to a call back answering service so i hung up. Now i know any number of things could have happen to disconnect that call but i know this. If it happend to me i would make sure i made that person know what was wrong and that i was sorry about it. As of now i got the flags i was looking for and can close the case. I think just as Hippie said in some previous replys that she's out shagging someone who came to town which is cool with me but that does change the dynamics alittle bit. I'm cool for paying her to spend time but then she'd also have to compete for what I could find in a bar and i really don't think she could do that. Anyway, all's well that ends well. :-)

ROFL

this entire thread is hilarious!

You where really trying to get a cheap way out of this, right?

Phones can disconnect all of a sudden, especially in a village.

If you open your cell phone you will see a sim card and a thing which they scientists call battery. I don't know if this is true but I heard these batteries die when you are using the phone, are these scientists sincere?

DUDE there can be many reasons for that, and actually i think you blame her for the only thing where she didnt lie to you!

260k debts is one of the heartbreaking stories from those girls who would NEVER ask you for money, but they surely will tell you this story a couple of hundred times. 260k debts is too much luggage and nobody I know would like to get involved in this. All these girls trying to find a falang moron who is taking care of them and their families, as stereotype as it sounds it is the awful truth. I have no Idea why you would wanna meet her, or show interest in her son. Do you really think you are special when she agrees to meet you, YOU ARE NOT THE ONE, NEO! (oh man sorry but i had to use that line)

A girl with this huge amount of debts would date any falang, no matter what she was telling you before about working in bars. If you are about to drown and someone is reaching out his hand for you then you will grab for this hand. These girls have no other choice.

Pick 5 random girls in Pattaya and you will hear a similar story at least 3 times!

Look man, I don't mean to offend you, I am just telling you the truth! 260k Is a 'NO NO' run as far as you can from chicks like that, there are billions more out there!

Archived