How much do you send in Sponsorship? - POLL

David_66_UK

Probably done before, but the recent thread made me ask.........

To keep it anon I thought I would do a poll (hopefully!) - and is aimed at those abroad, rather than in Thailand giving the live in Missus / G/f an allowance.

I guess the figures do vary, but just put in an average.

BTW last option is for those who do not send money / NEVER would send money and just want to see the results, and have more sense than money :o.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another fuxed up poll by the nodding donkey brigade, the choices are so limited it just demonstrates your ignornance of multicultural relationships, and more specificaly your thoughts about Thailand on a whole.

It suprises me why you even bother posting here!

Yet another fuxed up poll by the nodding donkey brigade, the choices are so limited it just demonstrates your ignornance of multicultural relationships, and more specificaly your thoughts about Thailand on a whole.

It suprises me why you even bother posting here!

I am quite taken aback by your reply - indeed I am quite surprised you bothered posting it ::

In half a dozen lines I think I have been rather succint (for me anyway!) in addressing ONE matter in an attempt to obtain (and share) some information. But perhaps this was a dumb idea?

It was not an attempt to demonstrate anything about "multicultural relationships" or my thoughts on Thailand as a whole...........plenty of other past threads on this and plenty in the future - of which I mostly no longer bother replying to for obvious reasons. Having said that I am tempted to chip in to the sister thread, no matter how pointless :: :D :D :D

Anyway, each to their own opinion - indeed I do tend to agree with BOTH sides of the sending money argument, which understandably does give me a headache :D . I will admit that I never really understood the WHY folk sent money until I started, and it does often defy logic and completely goes against everything I HAVE learnt in practice (and not just 2nd or 3rd hand on an internet message board). But it IS cheaper (and more interesting!) than playing golf :D :D :D

David,

I admit I was a little harsh, but if you look at the time of the posting you will realise that I had just got back home from a friday night out.

It just seems that whenever there is a thread about Thailand, Thai Females, Relationships with Thai's etc etc that within the first few postings in inevitably gets goes the way of Bar Girls, and many peoples opinions and experiences are based purely on this facet of Thai life.

This forum is about Relationships, now if people think that Sponsoring a Bar Girl from the other side of the world can be classed as a Relationship they must have a pretty shallow outlook on life, maybe if it was posted in Nightlife I would not have had the knee jerk reaction.

No offence meant to you personaly, it just so happened I posted my feelings in reply to your posting. Guilty as charged PUI (Posting Under the Influence)

Mekong

Fair enuf :D I wish I HAD been drinking last night :(:D

I do take your point about what constitutes a "relationship" and that perhaps this section is arguably more for more "normal" relationships - but it does take all sorts (especially as I have found.........in Thailand ::). Also I did not specify in the OP that this was exclusive to BG's, albeit perhaps the more likley recipients of money from abroad.........

Anyway, no worries. :D

Bust1, yer post confused me at first (easily done!) - but I do see that my post counter is getting a bit high, perhaps time for another change. Perhaps "David66GB"?? :D :D

Guilty as charged I'm personally in having sent money to a BG, poor factory NBG as well as a middle class NBG.

I'd be very surprised if its only the BGs who gets fonds from overseas especially if they manage to have a serious relation or even marriage :cover:

Archived