How much do you send in Sponsorship? - POLL

David_66_UK

David66UK said:

But I do not see this as really being about the money (we are usually talking muppet money here)

Your post above makes good sense to me, it pretty much sums it up pretty good, also the part about our ignorance for some things.

About that muppet money... I would personally agree but i doubt the most would agree to that. If we are talking about a sum between 20k-40k that is a shitload of money for the most here.

I'd say that 80% of the people i have met in Los don't even have the financial resource to afford this vacation, they are living from hand to mouth have maxed out their bank accounts and can't barely finance their own life. The girls are always under the impression that the Farang has endless financial resources, coz the Farang was bringing enough money and is in the spending mood and when he returns to his country he is fighting to close all the holes he was tearing up before he went to los!

Well that is my experience with the people that come to Pattaya!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CT,

Just rechecked the Poll (obviously I am not taking it all at face value!) - I see some fairly large amounts of dosh involved, perhaps in my naivete I assumed that folk only sent what they can afford (to lose?) at whatever the figure -perhaps hence my comment about "muppet money".

The girls are always under the impression that the Farang has endless financial resources, coz the Farang was bringing enough money and is in the spending mood and when he returns to his country he is fighting to close all the holes he was tearing up before he went to los!

I must confess never having done a survey, but it would not surprise me (people being people ::), this is along the lines of one of the frequent conversations I tend to have with BG's, pointing out that we DO have lots of poor people in Farnagland, just that the Thais never see them cos they cnnot afford a holiday, do not make it on to TV and Mr (and Mrs) Farang have a tendency to save up all year for their holiday and "splash out", giving a false impression as to what money they have.

David,

it's funny but I can't help it :)

All you gotta do is checking the accomondation Forum and see some guys asking for a very cheap room or guest houses for 200-500 baht a day. 5 weeks later they come and post here in the relationship forum considering to sponsor a girl which probably already made up her mind since he decided to stay in cheap charly room!

then two months later he accuses her a fucking scammer :) because she still works with Farangs!

same same with the one guy i met in Pattaya

he gave her 7,500 Baht every month, no extras, he wanted to kick my ass because i banged his girlfriend. Since I wasn't really afraid of a 20yo Norwegian guy with arms thinner than a bottle of Singha i had my fun and told him that he gives her 7500 a month while I was giving her 3500 per night since she let me fuck her ass (i knew he never had a visit at her chocolate factory, she told me) At this point i was angry about myself why i never took norwegian classes. :)

His buddies made him calm and i explained it to him what the problem was. It turned out he had to borrow the 7500 from his Daddy!

oh well, just a little story about the events that happen everyday!

CT,

I AM one of those tight fisted folk who do not like paying much for my accomadation!!! :D :D

I take on board what you are saying, I have SEEN (been involved with) similar stuff over the years. What I am saying is that whilst their are Black and whites cases, many are somewhere in between - and to be honest I do not see anything wrong with someone taking a chance (even at 99/1) of letting themselves get put through the wringer by a BG, it's all a learning curve and is not usually ALL a bad experiance. Folk are adults and are not exactly committing one of the 10 deadly sins by sending money! - hence I do not understand the vehemence (?!!) with which others attack people for doing this. My advice is just don't send yer life savings (or your kids lunch money!) - but each to their own :D.

Just to make clear that I am not saying "I know everything" OR "that mine is different"............in fact I do realise that I have gone far out on a limb with her (and AM going further) whilst realising this will take me a couple more years to find out what the true position probably is (I figure about a week after her ILR arrives - ie 2 years after she arrives in the UK! and I can't send her back!) - but I am an adult and this is not in the 5 dumbest things I have ever done, albeit only because I HAVE done a lot of dumb things in my time! BUT the serious money IS and WILL remain safe!

I agree with the fact that many punters give a false impression about farangs being rich rich rich.....

But I would say it is the same for most of the other occidental people, working all year long and when their holidays arrive they spend the money the had preciously kept.

About being able to afford sponsorship?

It is a personnal choice, if someone wants to ruin himself wether the girl is a bargirl-freelancer-matrimonial prostitute- good girl it is up to him.

About my case, I am thinking about sponsoring a girl for a few months, yes she is a girl from soi 33.......

I will probably send between 30 to 40k/month why?

- To see if she consider that as a chance to change her life.

(I am not the knight in shiny armour)

- It will be a transitional measure before I move to BKK

(hard) or she moves to my country to visit and see if she could live there.

Do not mistake me, I do not think about saving her from being a bad girl or other shit like that, I just say that i like her and want to give her a possibility to see if we can make it together, understanding the fact that it is not easy to change life.

Especially when work implies, little work, big money like a soi 33 girl can have.......

The result I expect?

- See if she is able to go back to real life.

- See if we still clik and then have to make some efforts so we could live together.

- If it fails, I can do nothing and will not regret having done it.

Archived