Muslims should be banned from the skies

Fidel

Actually, I'd like to see the US take a bigger role on the world stage. But not the role it has been playing. Which is protecting parochial rights of the few (mainly economic) to the detriment of most of the American populace and what's even worse, the world.

It would be really cool to see the United States focus it's foreign policy on world education for all people up to the age of High School. But that crap ain't going to work.

Hell, we can barely stop idiots from removing evolution from our science classes!

On a different note. I really don't like the way Bill Gates made his money. Very macht-economics. But I do appreciate what he's doing with much of his wealth.

It would be interesting to see Gates as President pushing his agenda on the world regarding education and health. I think he'd give the muslims in the Middle East fits.

<>

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...t would be really cool to see the United States focus it's foreign policy on world education for all people up to the age of High School. But that crap ain't going to work.

Hell, we can barely stop idiots from removing evolution from our science classes!..."

Sort of the problem, we should be fixing the problems at home first.

You guys are so pessimistic. Don't you have any faith in Western civilization any more? :)

I have plenty of faith in Western civilization. All we need is another Charles Martel. Joking aside, we owe a huge debt of gratitude to the French and Charles the Hammer for winning the Battle of Tours in 732 A.D., otherwise we'd all be facing east when we pray.

"There were no further Muslim invasions of Frankish territory, and Charles's victory has often been regarded as decisive for world history, since it preserved western Europe from Muslim conquest and Islamization."

-Encyclopedia Britannica Online.

It's the same struggle of civilizations now as then. And we'll win, just as did back then.

Evel

:devil:

Cavanami,

You can also look back over hundreds of years and see the history of the Crusades followed by Imperialist domination of Muslim countries by the West. Britain in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan (even if it didn't technically exist at the time).

I agree that the US should be less invlolved on the world stage, it would be much better for the average American. The problem as I see it is that US foreign policy is guided by the interests of the ruling elite, not by the interests of the people in general.

In what way is it in the National interest of the US to support Israel, a country engaged in oppression and crimes against humanity, when this only increases the chances of terrorist attacks against the US?

Similarly, it would be in the interest of the average American if US policy was focused on becoming self-reliant in terms of its energy needs, then it wouldn't have to invade other countries to plunder their oil or prop up corrupt regimes, (Saudi Arabia), in order to secure cheaper oil for Americans, both tactics which Muslims rarely find endearing and which, in the long run result in hatred towards America.

I think that the US has been hijacked by the wealthy, the elite, or as G Dubya calls 'em, his "Base".

These are people who are making a FORTUNE off inflated oil prices and the sale of arms. For them war means profit. They run the country and sell arms to the country... great! This is akin to sticking their hands into the pockets of the average American and helping themselves to as much cash as they want in the name of the "war on terror".

I don't know what the solution is but I think Americans need to sit up and pay attention before it is too late.

Hell has frozen. I agree with most of your post. :shocked:

But I still say we should have a secret program to assasinate muslim radicals. Instead of waging a useless war against an insurgency at $US25 billion a month. My proposed program would be very inexpensive and would not involve the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians. You should support me in this i want to save the civilians. :angel:

Archived