1001 ways to con a farang

speakeasy-thai

I am writing a book to try to stop the scams. The scams will change and modify but if we are aware of the potential dangers we â??might notâ?? fall into some of them.

Please list stories, good and bad and any pieces of advice you have. Here are a couple from the book speakeasy-thai :

Top 10 misunderstandings:

1 I have only had one boyfriend before - (in the last 12 hours).

2 Iâ??m 19 - (going on 18).

3 Iâ??m 23 - (going on 30).

4 How long you work bar? - just 2 weeks (in this bar).

5 I stay my room - (or at least someoneâ??s).

6 Donâ??t worry that Thai man is my brother - (husband).

7 I have to go home for 2 weeks, someone is very ill - (one of my other boyfriends is taking me to the islands).

8 Sorry, my phone was broken/there was no reception there - (I was busy).

9 I promise I will not work in the bar again - (when you come to see me).

10 I love you - (at least as much as my other 10 boyfriends who send me money).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one think these girls deserve every baht they fleece from farangs. Why are people so caught up in this victim mentality. Lets face it most punters visit LOS for the cheap sex. So who are the real scammers here.........the girls or the punters.

Incidently I suggest you remove the "we" you do not speak for everyone on the board. :up:

I would say your opinion is a tough call. On one hand, I would say the guy is buying her time. He pays her for sex, no matter what he thinks. If he just gives her the money, with no rules/stipulations, that is one matter. Now, if she accepts money and lies, telling him she is home on the farm,but is working in the bar that is another matter. I don't necessarily subscribe to the "som nom na" school of thought in all matters.

To be fair to the girl, I will say, it is a tough call to blame her out right, for platying her options. She has no idea what this guys long term intention is. He could just be wasting her time, and if she is seriously going to wait, she may be wasting her time as well.

Punters come and go, and may be married or other wise unwilling or unable to marry the girl. If this is what she is waiting for/looking for, then he is wrong to try and stall her off indefinitely with a few bucks, and she has a right to seek greener pastures.

But the lieing deceit, etc...is a tough one. But then, my grandmother had a saying basically translates to "...if you are fool enough to bo trade with gypsies, you will lose your money..." there is a meaning in there somewhere. But I do think gauys are foolish to send bar girls money, and expect them to stay home/loyal...of course "EXCEPTIONS DO APPLY/OCCUR." I will hwever say, I think it is wrong for the girls to lie, but then this whole game is a lie...er sort of...

I want the girls to lie to me. :)

So much so that I pay them to be with me and lie to me, telling me how much they want to be there !

you hansum man , I like you, you best I ever had etc.....

In fact if they told me the truth I would not be coming back :)

But I do not think this is "conning you"

maybe we need to get a list of the "cons" BGs pull....

OC

I for one think these girls deserve every baht they fleece from farangs. Why are people so caught up in this victim mentality. Lets face it most punters visit LOS for the cheap sex. So who are the real scammers here.........the girls or the punters.

Incidently I suggest you remove the "we" you do not speak for everyone on the board. :up:

:yeahthat:

TH

Hi

We is the royal we ie I, and I cannot change it...

I am not talking about 'fantasy time', but if some are funny ok.

I mean sick buffalo stories

selling/renting land that is not theirs

selling/renting land that is not there

selling 49% of a bar....

I totally agree with the sentiment "trade with gypsies, you will lose your money"

Am trying to get light hearted one liners to more serious stories.

A list would be good.

I am writing a book to try to stop the scams.

Yeah, right, and I appreciate your good intentions, but nobody who isn't either cheap or stupid who has spent any amount of time in Thailand is too concerned about bargirl scams.

If you are qualified to write about Thailand, why do you look for other's experiences, rather than writing about your own?

We're talking Bargirl 101 here.

You should probably find another subject to write about if you have insufficient material on Thai bargirl "scams".

Archived