1001 ways to con a farang

speakeasy-thai

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be so quick CT to dismiss these stories as hoaxes. I know of other similar situations that have gone unreported of similar if not worse situations.

Sure! Shit happens. Just saying that if I am married to a girl then I will know about the first and second grade relatives! I would know if there was a cop living nearby my condo! You too, so would everyone else! Not saying that shit doesnt happen, I am saying this story is entirely made up to make a point!

But hey, point taken! There is just no way to protec yourself from shit like that but not getting serious with a thai at all!

Why is it that everytime these sorts of topics come up it turns into a morality play? If you don't already know that this sort of stuff happens on a daily basis in Thailand, you're living in fantasy land.

Instead of dispassionately discussing what actually happens here and providing some useful information, some naive tourist - who obviously hasn't lived here long enough to have a clue - will go into all sorts of silly contortions to deny some very obvious realities about Thailand or try to turn this into a Thai vs Farang issue. It is frustrating and amusing at the same time.

A good friend once said to me:

"If you marry a bar girl, remember the day you met her she was a hooker, and on that day you met her, you were looking for one".

It's amusing that none of the girls would ever call themselves a "prostitute".

It's "I'm a gogo dancer" or "I work bar".

I think their own self-perceptions of what they do are VERY different to what our farang perceptions of what they do are.

The afterhours bf is bar scam. :doah: The same for the buyout barfine. :onfire:

shygye you have yet again shown your inability to look beyond the $$$$$$$ factor. :shakehead Maybe this is why you probably miss the point. :dunno:

The con is ALL about the money. I guess you paid the village idiot fee! :grinyes:

The con is ALL about the money. I guess you paid the village idiot fee! :grinyes:

Maybe to you shygye but hey, maybe that's all that is important to you. As far as "village idiot fee" never heard that term before but you obviously have.......says more about you than me. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Your sounding more like a victim with each post. :wave:

shygye you have yet again shown your inability to look beyond the $$$$$$$ factor. :shakehead Maybe this is why you probably miss the point. :dunno:

i dont mean to interrupt your discussion but actually i got stuck with that that line which was chasing me in my dream and made me wake up at 9.30 (or the way too spicy som tam)

IMO it is BG Exclusive for beeing unable to look beyond the money. It is them who would not give a dime for one they claim to love if he wouldn't have money! I think it is a good thing for beying unable to look beyond the money since it is the absolute first thing that matters to them!

Everyone who is entering the country for whore mongering is already looking beyond the money! You pay in order to get sex! For those who are falling in love with a prostitute it gets even worse! He pays here and there, she quits the bar, he pays the scammy retirement bar fine, he knows she depends on him and he dont wanna look like a cheap charly and will pay every silly request on top of the monthly salary FOR NOT WORKING! When he goes back home another dude is most likely poking the pussy of your beloved one!

They promise to be a Porsche but what you get is a Skoda with 3 wheels!

So it might be a good thing to have the inability to look beyond money, maybe there is a girl who doesn't care about money, a girl standing on her own feet, a girl looking for a nice guy! It would make a difference because how I see it, paying for a BG is a one way investment without any return or interest! In the best case scenario she will really stop working with farangs and she really loves you! In order to achieve that you have already spent thousands of USD and she is now nothing but a regular girl! 1-3 years later you get bored and start banging others or you get sick of her because she turns out to be boring or you can't afford to take care of her anymore!

Doesn't matter what you do and how you feel, you are paying, paying, paying for love! That maybe sounds right to the most of us now, did it sound right before our first LOS visit?

These girls are capable of so much bullshit, I simply refuse to look beyond the money because what I would see is a prostitute that would "fall in love" with me or a guy twice my weight and three times my age if he pays her more!

Bottomline:

it is ALL about money, looking beyond it is foolish and naive!

... and you sound like someone who gives a wai to a soi dog while wearing a yellow shirt. :neener:

I do not disrciminate.....I wai to soi dogs who aren't wearing yellow shirts as well

Look I don't relate to the BG thing because I don't go near the P4P scene. But I have seen a lot of TG's get scammed by their bf's, husbands etc on a emotional level. I have spoken to girls who don't work in the scene who have met guys who promise them happiness, so they don't have to go to bars, with no intention of pursueing a relationship with them. That is a scam to me. It has nothing to do with money as far as the girl goes but you can guarantee she feels completely ripped off. All I am saying is you don't need money to change hands to pull a shifty on someone.

Archived