1001 ways to con a farang

speakeasy-thai

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they are catty, they will reveal some rather startling information about their BG peers when you get to know them. And, quite frankly, some BGs take considerable pride in their ability to scam Farangs.

Agree wholeheartedly.

They also say farangs are stupid! So stupid! And then laugh about it. If one can scam 50,000 baht from a farang, the next one will try to out do her.

I have seen farangs taken for everything they have. One got took so bad, he sat on the curbside weeping. Heartless bitches they can be indeed.

I agree with Mekong and Gadfly on this. Yes, playing the game is fun, and some times we lose a hand or 2-3. The part that gets me is the guys who will not admit they lose a hand now and then, and act like anyone who does is an idiot and a fool, which we may well be, but hey, glass houses right?

I agree with Mekong and Gadfly on this. Yes, playing the game is fun, and some times we lose a hand or 2-3. The part that gets me is the guys who will not admit they lose a hand now and then, and act like anyone who does is an idiot and a fool, which we may well be, but hey, glass houses right?

Steady on there Old Chap, by puting Gaddy and I in the same sentance you are implying we are in agreement on something.

Rather Strong.

To be fair, there is another side to the storyâ?¦.

Top 10 Farang Misunderstandings

1. I havenâ??t slept with any other Thai girls â?? (Yea right!)

2. I come back soon â?? (maybe next year)

3. I donâ??t have girlfriend at home â?? (divorced twice with 3 kids and a new bit on the side)

4. I have a lot of money â?? (I save all year to come here for 2 weeks)

5. I donâ??t have to work â?? (when I am here for 2 weeks)

6. I own a hotel â?? (I work in a Hotel)

7. I'm an engineer â?? (plumber)

8. I will be faithful to you â?? (Yea right!)

9. My plane goes tomorrow â?? (I want to go to Bangkok for a couple of days for r+r before I go home)

10. Iâ??ll take care of you and your family â?? (that means you , forget the other 300 children, brothers, mothers etc)

Yeah, Mekong and me will need to find some detail to squabble about. And then maybe we can do a poll about that detail to finally and forever settle the matter forever. :smirk:

The post above does a good job of illustrating that this works both ways. But no need to consider this much; BGs certainly don't. Let's consider some of the better BG scams; they make great stories.

I know one BG who managed to get several different guys - who didn't know each other - to "buy" the same car for her. Each guy provided her with the funds or a loan to buy the car, and each thought they "owned" the car even though title was in her name. I thought that was quite an accomplishment, and so did she.

A few months back I saw a first. A BG walking out of a crowded Nana BTS station with two mobile telphones in her hands holding two separate conversations with two separate Farangs declaring her absolute and undivided love and loyalty to each. You have to admire her dexterity. I couldn't do that; I have enough problem handling one conversation on a mobile when trying to negotiate my way through a crowded BTS station. But this BG was so good I think she could have handled a third conversation on another phone with a bit of juggling.

More recently, I discovered that a real stunner from Rainbow 4 (I am not even going to hint at a name, but she had a terrific body) had a much yonger Thai boyfriend for the past 4 years. She was also the 'fiancé' of a guy from the US and the 'Fiancé' of a guy from Australia. She quit Rainbow 4 and moved to Phuket a few months back, but not because of problems with her Farang 'fiancés'.

She quit because she got tired of her Thai boyfriend demanding more money and beating up on her. Apparantly, he had some rather nasty and expensive habits.

I learned these details from another BG, who showed me a picture of the BG with her Thai boyfriend in bed and a picture of this same BG after a nasty fight with her Thai boyfriend. She actually got one of my friends (visiting from the US) to wire her some money after they spent time a few days together. Despite my advice, he thought he might make a go at estabalishing a relationship with her because, well, he was 'special'. Foolish move on his part, but considering her circumstances, I am certainly not going to blame anyone.

Actually, many, if not most, BGs have Thai boyfriends (time for another poll?). But what I find interesting is how so many of them have boyfriends that are a few years younger than them. It's real common to find, say, a 22 year old BG with a 19 year old Thai boyfriend.

There must be some better stories out there. I will be out tonight, and I will try coach a few stories out of a few more talkative BGs I know. Let's hope I can remember them.

That is a very strange definition of scam you have bust1. :spin:

Not at all. How man guys do you know that are as guilty as their thai counterparts with their deceipt. I know plenty. OP summed it up before. You fall into the trap of relating scams to baht. Big mistake. There are plenty of other ways to scam someone. Another point was posted here some time ago about how to get out of paying a bf.........that's not a scam??????? Like I said too many a quick to play the victim.

Archived