what is your thailand pet peeve?

theshaw66

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thais are so fuckin' racist it's unbelievable. The abuse my wife has to take because she is darker than most is unbelievable.

Now here is the part that still baffles me. You give most Americans or Europeons a clear example of racism by an American or Europeon, and they will acknowledge it as racism. Almost all Thais I know absolutely refuse to do so. Indeed, most will consider it quite rude for you to have even brought the example to their attention.

But wait, it gets more amazing: some Farangs actually buy into the rationalizations and nonsense.

Thais idea of handsome/beautiful can be very different from ours. Blond(e) hair, blue eyes, white skin ... that's it.

Ahhh, so that's the reason they call me handsome then, i knew there was a reason, it sure aint my bone structure!!!!

I like KS's comment about a Farang doing this. Imagine a Farang riding a motorcycle on Sukhumvit's sidewalk knocking over a Thai because she wouldn't get out his way. And a cop standing there watching the whole thing.

good reason to ware a darkened face plate on your helmt, no face, no farang

Archived