what is your thailand pet peeve?

theshaw66

Another pet peeve to add to my previous considerable list....when i see a really cute, uber fit Thai girl with a total idiot farang, normally young, with a totally misplaced ego, who doesn't give a crap about the TG he's with and who any farang girl wouldn't even give the time of day to, as he's such a jerk...but she likes him cos he's 'young and handsome'...TGs can be so gulliable sometimes.....and no i'm not talking about BGs but 'normal' TGs...

Seen this too many times...TG then gets fucked and then fucked over, farang man buggers off, or gets another victim...TG then never goes near another farang and the myth all farang men are bad is reinforced....AGAIN! I've heard some real horror stories...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The constant honking and "where you go" from taxi and tuk tuk drivers gets old pretty quick. Especially when they do it one after another' date=' like I'm going to change my mind 2 seconds after I wave off the guy in front of him.[/quote']

You just might. Always worth a try. :)

i heard the reason they do this is because maybe you didnt like the look of the guy before but maybe theres a chance you will look at the next guys face and find him to"look" more trustworthy.

not sure if theres any truth in that.

Shit Bread (no, I don't want it warm to try and hide the fact that it is stale)........important to me cos's I eat a lot of sandwiches......and don't actually like much Thai food!

No decent Bacon Rolls.

Mc D?? never eat it back home, but for me it is good hangover food - you can get a weeks worth of sugar and chemicals in one hit!

The limited range of beers in the Naughty Bars (but I will admit getting a bit better nowadays)

Boredom from the Naughty nightlife, from having indulged over the years.......

Obviously my remarks wound you up but that was not my intent, if I have offended you in any way please accept my apologises.

FYI, I don't see Thailand as perfect, hence I am not a hypocrite as you implied. My issues are a little bit deeper than what amounts to less than 50 Baht extra on a Taxi Fare, the basis of your initial complaints.

You are correct in your assessment that this board is for sharing knowledge, and I hold my

hands up to being a self centered cunt who jumped on your posting from my opinionated viewpoint, and as I have previously mentioned, I apologise for such.

i appreciate your apology and except it....the point i was trying to make with the taxi thing was not about having to pay a dollar more ,because i always tip good if i feel the cabbie is honest and not on the take....i just didn't know the rule you had mentioned,but now i know...i just dont like that because i am a tourist that also makes me a target to some....this board i believe is about gaining information...and that's all i'm trying to do gain info...but you can never get that info if people like you and myself dont put questions out there of your true thoughts....as mad as you made me i still gained info from you and i thank you for that.........

let's kiss and make up

Top O'the list of things that peev me about los is the fact that everything has to revolve around money.

fucking, money, money, money......

Don't get me wrong, There are a lot of good things about LOS too but there could be alot more-good things if it was'nt for crook politicians ripping everyone off and cops on the take, selling justice.

main pet peeves about thailand:

1. Racism: Thais are so fuckin' racist it's unbelievable. The abuse my wife has to take because she is darker than most is unbelievable. Just look at those horrible whitening cream ads. They should be forbidden.

2. Thais have no regard for nature. Almost every great natural site in Thailand is spoiled by litter. Soda cans and plastic wrappers are just thrown away. Everywhere you look, thailand is flooded with waste.

3. Little or no regard for your neighbours. Hey, if you feel like blasting morlam tunes at 5 am in the morning, you just do it. Fuck what the neighbours think! Before you know it, you just drown in motherfucking noise all the time.

These three pet peeves dwarfs the other annoyances like little scams, potholes in the sidewalks, annoying touts and taxi drivers who don't know where to go.

Archived