Explosions in Bangkok

Alfmaz

Its a tribal thing this endless cycle of revenge. All originates from ancient arab tribal practices. ...[snip]... There is no way to discuss or negotiate with them. You foolishly come to an agreement with them, they will laugh behind your back that they got you to give up something and the next time they will get the rest.

Excellent summary from Plainsdrifter.

Combine that with the Islamic mandate to wage Jihad on all un-believers, and that explains the events we are seeing.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest i have...3 dead, all Thai..many injured, quite a few farang...the lack of announcement at Central World contributed to the farang there being hurt...nice.

Thai govt. are blaming anti-coup protestors...maybe this 'white' dove' group or whatever it's called..

My take, it is a surprise for me that it is said to be anti-coup people...for what? Thais killing Thais against the govt.?? Odd that, when this same group are said to be wanting to oust the post coup leaders...It's hardly going to endear this group to the Thai population, so what would they hope to achieve???? The size of the bombs and the mass attack suggests muslims...but i guess we will see...

Theres still reports of an arrest being made of one of the culprits in action, I guess they're waiting for him to recover from being beaten unconscious by the police before revealing hard facts!!!

When the troubles started in the south Taksin denied there was any insurection until it grew beyond even his ability to manipulate the news. I hope thats not the direction in which this develops.

JP

Yes reports of 1 guy arrested seems consistent, but no reports of who & why as of yet?