Don Imus off air for "nappy headed hos" remark

foreigner

Not a rabid Republican like O'Reilly. More a sort of down home Howard Stern. The idea is to have a core idea that the fans can identify with, free speech for example, then play a bit of music, get some guests in and say outrageous stuff. It's pretty entertaining if you're in the mood but lately he's taken to doing fake gangsta rap stuff....calling women biatches & hos etc. He would probably say 'they do it so why shouldn't we?'

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i cannot get through a stern show & you do not tolerate the i-Man.

some people like tennis shoes & other loafers & others boots .. while others enjoy mud between their toes.

it's when my right to wear converse all stars or listen to willie & don are threatened .. or my daughter, or grand daughters, cannot receive the medical care they are entitled too..

..that i become concerned

funny, this morning a major fatso, tummie tucked al roker, blasted Imus ..

roker has been a regular imus target .. the today show with it's pablum for estrogen distorted couch blobs is regular imus target.

roker is a fat weather man with an audience of couched chip chompin' estrogen cycled from hell house hos.

oft targeted roker hates imus, unrelated to nappy hos..

Imus calls his traffic babe his 'mud flap ho' & his 'environment cleaning' author wife the 'green ho'

ho ho ho

i lub thai hos tu mutt

I hate to quote an entire long post but, in this case, I have to in order to keep things in perspective.

As far as shoes go, I am still partial to Sperry Topsiders, no socks.

1st it's a comedy show .. not much sexual banter..

Imus goes back to 60s R&R AM radio in Southern California .. he is in his mid late 60s.

got a 40 yo former college track star, hurdles at Villonova, for a trophie wife.

Been in NY since the mid '70s.

Tells joke about the 'playola' given to disc jockies in the 70s & 80s .. he did not get busted.

& He gives everyone a hard time .. his staff & regular interview-ees always harass his arse .. they often propose toasts to Imus' future illness & slow death.

music is his specialty .. mostly music from the west .. seems 1/2 his musician guests have ranches somewhere between Texas & Tennessee.

his brother has the 'trailer park trash' radio show on Sirius' Outlaw Country Music channel.(excellent)

actually Imus is a rather 'high brow' experience.

His listeners include many politicians & entertainment sorts.

ie 1: he has extended interviews with the reporters in Iraq that grace network news for 20 seconds.

ie 2: He may have 2 or 3 presidential candidates on 1 show .. will get in their face about stuff ..many were part of his show before running for prez.

Joe Lieberman, McCain, Harold Ford, John Kerry .. often spontaneously call in to his show.

ie 3: Non-Fiction Authors, mostly history & politics. .. lots of 'news personality' authors.

ie 4: Editors of both Time & News Week are regulars ..

his show was discussed & some of his interviews were played at the Libbey trial.

ie 5: Larry the Cable Guy, Willie & Terry Bradshaw mixed with non-fiction authors, politicians & news types from all networks.

Terry B. had several albums while he was taking the Steelers to the Super Bowls .. & he catches some hell for the John Revolta like w/ gold chains pics on the covers of the 33s.

I-Man a 'charity cattle ranch for kids with cancer' that has a section of the Sante Fe Trail on it.. north of santa fe .. takes sick kids for 2 weeks of cowboy ridin' & ropin' ..2 weeks finished off with the sick kids having a rodeo w/ calf ropin' & big belt buckles.

[color:red]there is talk tonight on NBC he will be canned[/color]

he just signed a 5 year deal ..

he emphasized on air today that he had not committed a firing offense / violation of his contract.

he's getting ready for a huge buy out & off to Sirius with Howard.

As far as shoes go, I am still partial to Sperry Topsiders, no socks.

That's funny. Me too. Also penny loafers. But always (unless required by some silly social setting) no socks.

Cheers,

SD -- happily getting drang 2-nite

Only non-fiction writers! What kind of show is that? Does he have something against fiction writers? Tell the truth I have nothing against Imus....I don't listen often but he's always entertaining.

Calling those Rutger's girls 'hos' was pretty shitty though I thought. Downright childish really but I'm sure he'll come out of it OK.

He & his crew make me laugh every day.

'course I tivo & watch his 3 hours in about 1 ..fast forward through politicians, like McCain's lies & Lieberman's whining .. always listen to Andrea Mitchell (Alan Greenspans 'ol lady) & a few other reporters & writers..

Rob Bartlet is a comedian any fan of laughter would enjoy ..

his costumed imitations of Alberto Gonzalas, Bill Clinton & Hulk Hogan are always funny

& his blind boy pig feet blues songs w/ bad harmonica are worthy of conversion to .mpeg for archiving.

similar to shoes, some like to laugh & to others it is a foreign experience.

I am a big fan, a devotee so to speak, of laughter .. 80% of my TV time is devoted to laughter incitement ..

I know it is a good show when my dog woofs along with my howls..

:hug::applause::cover::elephant:

:yeahthat::yay::yeahthat:

sophomoric humor is generally over MY head.

soft-moronic is more to my taste w/ hard-moronic more in tune with my belly laughing pleasurabilities.

thank goodness for our differences

The I-Man was canned this afternoon .. I am sad.

twanna bradly sharpton, hymie town jackson & butter ball roker did him & my style humor in.

:rip:

>>>

For the first three months of the year, its audience was nearly identical to CNN's, leading CNN to replace its morning news team last week.

lots of us like the I-Man.

a board member at CBS, his radio network, is a former head of the NAACP .. oops!

Archived