Don Imus off air for "nappy headed hos" remark

foreigner

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

foreigner:

"The I-Man was canned this afternoon .. I am sad.

twanna bradly sharpton, hymie town jackson & butter ball roker did him & my style humor in."

My sentiments exactly. It is a sad day for humor!

Anyone know how much Rev Jack pays for child support?

Anyone know if Rev Sharpie ever appologized to that caucasian falsely accused guy?

Hmm . . . what's good for the goose is, apparently . . . not good for the gander . . .

:shhh:

will sharpton retract his statements about the white duke lacross players (accused of rape by the ugliest topless dancer i've ever seen)

I must confess, of the presidential idiots in the last primaries i thought sharpton was the best candidate!

& i continue to believe sharpton would be a better prez than the shrub.

snoop dog said yesterday when he 'raps' 'bout "nappy hos" he is not referring to rutgers round ballers. :dunno:

i also must confess that i found the sid to be funny..

as i FFed my tivo through Imus if sid's ugly mug came on the screen I'd go back to what he said..

side note: sid is a "competitive tanner" .. Imus said his skin looked like a baseball glove one morning (his skin is the tone of my old rawling's mitt)

THE Sid said the Williams sisters were better suited for the cover of National Geographic than Playboy. He has also called the U.S. women's soccer team a bunch of "juiced-up dykes" and joked that "faggots play tennis."

he was the one who called Patrick Ewing "the missing link."

http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2007/04/possibly_the_on.html

Iman backed harold ford in '06 & suffered a death threat because of it .. he blasted mr ford this am .. harold ford will experience the wrath of the iman anytime he runs for anything..

Some network will pick up imus & he will continue to kick cnn's pansy butt & NBC will be front & center in his cross hairs.

Last week Brian Williams was trying to get Imus to go to Iraq .. this week he was one of the most unfair.

First I take a strong view of the freedom of speech in the constitution. I think one can pretty much say anything they want without repurcussion from the government short of libel, instructing someone to harm someone else and 'shouting fire in a crowded theatre' as it says litterally as an example in the document. So, Imus has the right to say what he did. Unpopular speech is a right.

That said I was offended by what he said but I wasn't a fan of his anyway and I am offended by a lot of things of a non racial manner. I'm offended by politicians lying to me. I'm offended by Sharpton's comments about things. See a pattern? Would I want the government to ban any of them? No, of course not. Unpopular speech has to stand up to public pressure not government. The public decides if a movie, book, radio talk show host, etc. is offensive and they do so with their collective wallets. If the people who hired Imus see a financial loss by having him so be it. If a politician lies he's voted out.

As for the use of derogatory words. There is always a social rule that only that group gets to offend itself. It may not be fair how its applied but maybe its society's way of stopping us from all killing each other over slights. I don't know. My brother's and I best friend was of Sicilian descent. I heard the guys in his neighborhood call each other every Italian slur in front of me. I never joined in. Why? Other than the possibility of getting my ass kicked..lol..it was an implied social contract that I was privy to hear it first hand but not to say it as its an unknown whether my saying was meant in the same spirit. Even though one of them was my best friend. The same applies to blacks who call each other the N word. The intent can only be one thing from another black, anyone else its a possibility it could be something else, that possibility is the same with all groups. In LA I hear gays jokingly accuse another of being 'too queeny and faggie' in their mannerisms but coming from a hetero its a slur no matter what the intent is. I recall what my dad said to my brother once when he used a slur about another gorup and said 'well, they say it all the time' and my Dad 'Do you think its a good term?' No said my brother and my Dad said 'So why do you want to say it then?' well they use it replied my brother again and Dad said 'So you want to feel comfortable enough to say it then? If you think they shouldn't use it why do you still want to use it? To feel closer to them? Is that the best you can think of to connect with people?'

>The free market in action, as it were.Cheers,

SD<

oh oh oh .. what will the free market do with $50m laying unclaimed? :worship:

how many cable networks would lub tu mutt to top CNN during the morning? :worship:

25% of a huge NY radio station's, WFAN, revenue is generated in 20 hours per week :worship:

w/ 1 guy being 90% responsible for 25% of your revenue what does one do? :worship:

>>

According to the Journal, the â??Imus in the Morningâ? show accounts for 25 percent of the revenues of WFAN in New Yorkâ??or roughly $20 million, The New York Times reported. That figure swells to more than $50 million when ad revenue for affiliates and cable outlet MSNBC are added, according to the Times.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18065310/site/newsweek/

:worship: $$ :worship:

I recall what my dad said to my brother once when he used a slur about another gorup and said 'well, they say it all the time' and my Dad 'Do you think its a good term?' No said my brother and my Dad said 'So why do you want to say it then?' well they use it replied my brother again and Dad said 'So you want to feel comfortable enough to say it then? If you think they shouldn't use it why do you still want to use it? To feel closer to them? Is that the best you can think of to connect with people?'

Maybe your dad was giving your brother a lesson in using his own mind and not just trying to be cool.

Archived