Yank shoots Brit dead in Hua Hin

Fidel

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talked to one store owner last night (this is in the States) and he told me about a robbery at his store a few days ago. In the last 7 years he has been robbed 3 times. This time, he says a 16 year girl was running the cash register. It was her second day at work. Needless to say, the girl did not return to work.

Where I am at, you can carry a concealed weapon in your own store or home, concealed, without a permit.

As far as self protection is concerned, that is a personal issue. For exampled, if robbed, many say give the robbers your money. Not always that easy. Each case is seperate in of itself. For example, when 4 men tried robbing me, I didn't give them any money and received no injuries except those I inflicted on myself trying to get the fuck away. Now on the other hand, another American got robbed nearby. He gave them his money. In return, he got a machate to come down on top of his head, rendering him into an unconscious state.

In moments like this it is hard to say what we would do, but I look at it is that it is better to be judged by 12 (jurors) then to be carried by 6 (pall bearers).

Maybe he'll mug you with your own gun? The biggest idiot is the one placing a pistol in a kitchen drawer then going away on holiday. Now due to his stupidity a criminal probably has been sold his gun. It's people like this with no clue that contribute to the illegal gun problem. Does your landlord always throw parties in your home while you are away? Or was this a one off? You don't read like you were very upset by this. Did you call the police and have them question the landlord and possibly even fingerprint your kitchen drawer and the guests at this party? Stolen guns will usually get the police attention it deserves.

Yeah, if it appears that I no longer care that a gun got stolen out of my house 3 years ago, it's because well, I no longer care. I understand to you losing a gun is worse than losing your child to polio but I try to keep things in perspective. It's more like my kid losing a limb in a car accident.

You really think personal guns being stolen out of people's houses are a significant source of illegal guns in the US? Or were you just using me as an example of the kind of irresponsible gun ownership that if abolished would solve all of our gun problems? I'm trying to make the connection here between me keeping my gun in a locked drawer in my kitchen and gun control.

The landlord broke into my house illegally to throw a party. The police took a statement. They didn't break out the fingerprinting gear.

We can easily see that Ted. You're quite happy to stab and slash someone to death to protect your family, but there's no way you'd use a gun instead to protect yourself and your family. Makes a lot of sense to everyone here right? Let's have a butcher knife and cleaver culture instead of a gun culture? Or maybe we can all go back to carrying personal use swords to protect ourselves against violent crime? Teddy would like that I think. He'd get to wear violet tights and floppy hats with feathers stuck in the brim and shout "One for all and all for one!"

Your whole story of the nutjob running loose and the police having no clue how to catch him or who he is is a commercial for gun ownership in itself. It helps to back the argument that the police are ineffective and cannot be everywhere at once, and you can not depend on them to be there to save your life when real trouble is threatening you. By the time they get to the scene of a crime many times the victim is dead or dying and the perp miles away. Let's hope they catch the loony bastard before he catches Teddy out of the kitchen with no butcher knives to protect himself.

I agree with you, in this case Yankee. Guns are no deadlier than butcher knives or swords. I'd like to see voice-activated anti-personnel mines be allowed on the front door. Perhaps, poison gas coming from the vents.

More realistically, we should just allow the weapons in the parts of the US where there is this massive threat of deadly force home invasion. Maybe starting in Yankee's home town. Where I'm from, it just doesn't happen all that often unless you are a drug dealer.

Actually, it shouldn't be that hard to prove to courts that the Second Ammendment only covers rifles and shotguns, not pistols. Of course, the anti-gun factions wants to ban everything, while the pro-gun side wants almost everything legal.

Nobody seems willing to compromise.

Archived