Yank shoots Brit dead in Hua Hin

Fidel

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona is one of the most conservatives states in america. It is all those trtirees, golferea and sunbirds who migrate there for the winter....

last I knew, it was the only state who didn't honeor martin luther king (civil rights leader)as an official holiday and doesn't even honor day light savings time...

Hey, but i would live there because reasonable housing at least in the northern part of the state (cooler) and if you like sun and blue skies year around. Other than scottsdale where the wealthy and babes hang out, blue collar working state mentality otherwise....

CB

It seems you were actually there to witness the incident, glad you made it out unscathed :thumbup:

As I said earlier, we don't know what happened! But maybe I'm odd. I once counted up that I was under some kind of enemy fire about 55 times in Vietnam. Nevertheless, I'm still extremely reluctant to kill anyone or anything unless it is a last resort.

From what little we do "know", it sounds to me like the Yank went overboard. I hardly think his wife's rifle was semi-automatic or even a pump gun. I suspect it was bolt action, which gives you time to think between shots -- unless you are thoroughly sh*tfaced. Drunks are capable of anything.

be a .22. Which is a very small caliber bullet unlikely to stop a large enraged man unless with a direct hit to the heart or ... the head. Also, we do not know what exactly happened, which was why I said, 'reserve judgement until later'. The whole thing is sad and likely stupid and not warranted, but the original post stated the man barged into the home, manhandled the wife, and further chased/followed the homeowner into his bedroom threatening violence. Going by the original report it sounds like self defense and the home owner feared for his life from an uninvited intruder angry over something done earlier. Now as the reports morph into something possibly closer to the truth the actions of the homeowner seem less and less justified and the whole thing becomes something different. I'd be curious as to the size and age of the slain man, and the size, age of the homeowner with the gun.

As Mekong knows the man killed and he says the man was a good guy and he never found him to be aggressive, and others are saying the man with the gun was 'strange' and always involved in conflicts with others in his 'village' the story and truth therein is probably much different than originally reported. The whole thing was probably avoidable, but when drinking is involved we all know how weird things can get.

But, I stand by my original post whereby I said if a man barged into my home, manhandled/harmed my wife, and chased me into my bedroom, especially if he was larger, younger, stronger, violent and I feared for my life and especially my wife's... I'd shoot him if I had a gun to protect myself and my family. If you don't like that, well, tough shit, Teddy.

Cent

This seems to be the best summary of what we know of a tragic situation.

I hope this does not turn into an American vs. Brit debate. I am an American and I agree that is dangerous to barge into an American's home under the circumstances described in the report. (Probably more dangerous to barge into a Thai's house.) Sp. there is a cultural angle to this, but not all Americans are trigger happy. I have never fired a gun, don't know anything about guns and have no desire to learn.

Candyfloss used to keep an aluminium baseball bat in his bedroom in Dubai. Not sure if it now resides in his bedroom in Scotland?

As I am sure that some of you will be interested :rolleyes: I checked with Candyfloss yesterday and apparaently since moving back to Scotland he no longer keeps his baseball bat in his bedroom. This tells me that either he considers Scotland to be safer than Dubai or there are no Americans living in his neighbourhood. :grin:

Archived