Yank shoots Brit dead in Hua Hin

Fidel

"Very strange, the silence on this in the press ..."

I don't think so. I suspect a lot doesn't get reported just like not everything gets reported in the USA. The night when 4 men tried robbing me and in another incident that same night, probably orchestrated by the same criminals, an another American was robbed and left for dead on the sidewalk.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was on some idiotic Thai based message board. A guy claimed the victim went to the Yank's home and tried to force him to sell him his business at a low price.

That board seems to be a hang out for morons. (Makes us seem like wise and sophisticated gents!)

Google for the victim's name and the board will come up.

I was going to say that I can't believe the reaction to this murder from certain posters here but sadly I am not surprised :shakehead:shakehead

This does not seem at all like self defence to me. Self defence would have been kicking the bloke in the balls and throwing him out. Three bullets in the head deserves life in prison and I hope he gets it.

Sorry to tell u mate but ur rational about the number of shots fired is wrong. There is no indication as to the range the shots were fired nor the type of ammo utilized. A .22 is not known for it's stopping power so I would think @ close range a head shot would be practical if u want to end a percieved physical threat.

I suggest u go to a firing range try out a Glock 9 pistol and tell me how many seconds it takes for u to unload a clip. Now once u do that tell me how u think u would have reacted in a situation where tensions are heightened, emotion is high and adrenaline is pumping. U think u can simply fire 1 shot and ur done? Are u that confident that ur a crack shot? Depending on the ammo and firearm used u can unload a full clip in someones ass and they can still grab u and wring ur neck.

I prefer shotguns(Mossberg being my fav gunsmith) for home proection. No need to have great aim and no worries about stopping power. Can blow holes in objects if the perp is hiding. They can literally cut a man in half.

The whole thing was probably avoidable' date=' but when drinking is involved we all know how weird things can get.

[/quote']

Too true, which is a good reason not to have guns in your house. The fact that the wife owns a rifle makes me believe that they are nut jobs in the first place.

Homey if I lived in Thailand where law enforcement is convenient rather than expedient and sketchy @ best, u best believe I will have a firearm in my residence. And if I lived in the sticks I would have a friggin arsenal along with a tank and a howitzer.

Can blow holes in objects if the perp is hiding. They can literally cut a man in half.

Sorry to tell you mate but your a feckin phsyco, but you probably knew that anyway.

What makes me laugh though is statements like the one above. In all reality I would guess that you have never even held a gun and if some "perp" as you put it broke into your cave, you would simply hide in the wardrobe. However, if the "perp" had a good nose for piss he would probably smell you and find you.

teddy, I hate to be the one to tell you, but a Mossberg is a fine weapon in close range, especially if the shotgun has pistol grips. Where I live in the USA, the police recommend citizens to have such weapons for self defense. And like JJ said, if you live in Thailand out in the sticks, you would learn one way or another to protect yourself just like the Thais do.

So please don't take this personal, but we are told where I live that we still have the right to protect ourselves. Now if the situation reported was different and you was the American, what would you have done?

Archived