When and why did all this idea of "sponsorship" start ?

torrenova

From what my girlfriend tells me

(although she could be biaised by the fact her workplace was soi 33)

The amount of BG sponsored is more around 30-40% in her opinion.

But she probably does not count the BG of beers bars so I would say around 15-20% max.

Also, do we integrate in the calculation the BG who "retire for some time" and come back when they feel the sponsorship is not enough.

I knew 3 girls who had quite a few sponsors and all 3 of them went back to work because they lost 1 sponsor.......Now it has to be said that they made easily 80-90K/month without being barfined every night

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my regulars, from Soi 33, continued to stay with me (when I was around) even while she was engaged to be married to a sponsor. Her logic was that she knew me first, so it was OK (not that I necessarily believed it, although I do think that sponsorship backing allows the girls to be more selective about their clientele). I was staying at the Sheraton one time, and she was very careful to avoid the staff, because that's where her fiancee also stayed, when in town.

He took her to Euro-farangland a couple of times but, sure enough, eventually bagged the marriage, as so many guys do, explanation being his business went in the crapper.

I don't know if that is true either, or whether he just wised up, but, in many cases, I think the reason they cheat is because of self-preservation and simple mistrust of farangs from all the true stories they hear.

Despite everything I said above, I still think the girl is a good catch for a guy willing to commit to her. She has been very good to her family over the years, now has a partnership in a small bar, and no longer considers herself a bargirl.

My favorite BG who I never sponsered made a special trip from Issan to spend a week with me in BKK. This was 2 weeks before she was going to the USA to get married. I ask her about it and she said her future hubby did not send her money so she had to "work bar" until she left.

OH ,

after considering this problem again I propose to establish a new kind of financial support , called Mild Sponsorship .

It means to send money on a regular basis but without any hope that teerak will ever stop boomboom other falangs . What do you think about that ? You would not have to complain about silly sponsors and greedy whores any more after the relevant gentleman has identified himself as [color:red]MS[/color] .

BuBi

BG's working pre marriage?

Well, after 2 marriage proposals shortly before their departure to Farangland for marriage and "happy ever after"(only one of which I was banging just before) I am not greatly surprised........but then again I am a handsome man!

I don't want to burst your bubble, with you they are probably lying. With me they are being honest.

Of course :smirk: .

Delusions? I've paid for a few. :):)

Now that I think about it, the missus said she never called me either a "handsome man" or "a sexy man" because she would feel a bit of a twat doing so and would be unable to keep a straight face (my rough translation).

and then she mumbled something about beauty being inside before wandering off muttering to herself........

I was surprised this formed part of the Thai Marriage vows.........

Archived