where should i go for dinner tonight?

samak

for Isaan food i go to Ruamchai Gai Yang on Ekamai (it is about as far as Vientiane, just on the other side of Sukhumvit). prices are about one third of those in Vientane and food quality is much better, as there core competence is FOOD in opposite to Vientane!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe go way off, try dinner at Saxaphone pub, near Victory monument, good food, good music. Basilico's on Soi 33...Mango tree near Patpong (talk about touristy)...Ratchada seafood center...Tawandaeng onRama III...Bed Supper club...maybe go play pot luck and just pick a place on Soi Tonglor or Soi Ekamai...

Vientiene Kitchen was a good place, got killed by too much advertising in Lonely Planet and such...Bane Lao was better in my opinion...

i went to a place called "Paloma" on Suk Soi 39 (in the upper part of this Soi where it is one way), pretty new, european style expensive decoration. food was pretty good and not too pricey; there are not many places in town where you can get good american beef (Prime Rib, Rib Eye or Sirloin) for under 1000 THB; mash potatoes excellent and quite a choice of starters and deserts as well as a extensive wine list.

the only thing: we were the ONLY guests in this spacious restaurant; unbelievable how such restaurants can survive even a couple of months!

it is actually a pitty as somebody put a lot of efforts in it and the result is pretty good! however the location is certainly not preferable.

so go there and enjoy before it is gone. i do not give him another 6 months!

"...there are not many places in town where you can get good american beef (Prime Rib, Rib Eye or Sirloin) for under 1000 THB;..."

Try the Sunday Brunch at Irish Exchange! They do a decent prime rib. Cost is about 350 or 370 last time I was there (May).

for Isaan food i go to Ruamchai Gai Yang on Ekamai (it is about as far as Vientiane, just on the other side of Sukhumvit). prices are about one third of those in Vientane and food quality is much better, as there core competence is FOOD in opposite to Vientane!

That place is good. I ve been quite a few times, and yes, it is cheap...

there have been a couple of new Isaan restaurants popping up in Sukhumvit area. one on Suk Soi 26 close to Carrefour, one on green route close to Soi 33 beside some old ones like Steak Lao, Ruamchai Gai Yang etc. (i do not mention Vientane Kitchen again, Shibuya! :neener: )

however i do not know any between Asoke and Nana!

for Isaan food i go to Ruamchai Gai Yang on Ekamai (it is about as far as Vientiane' date=' just on the other side of Sukhumvit). prices are about one third of those in Vientane and food quality is much better, as there core competence is FOOD in opposite to Vientane![/quote']

That place is good. I ve been quite a few times, and yes, it is cheap...

Any directions available for this one? How far down Ekamai from Sukhumvit?

Archived