where should i go for dinner tonight?

samak

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruamchai Gai Yang is around half way into Ekamai on the left side when you come from Sukhumvit

can't remember whether they have english menue but i think so (there are always a couple of farangs there). i ordered from the boards written in thai.

i went to a place called "Paloma" on Suk Soi 39 (in the upper part of this Soi where it is one way), pretty new, european style expensive decoration. food was pretty good and not too pricey; there are not many places in town where you can get good american beef (Prime Rib, Rib Eye or Sirloin) for under 1000 THB; mash potatoes excellent and quite a choice of starters and deserts as well as a extensive wine list.

the only thing: we were the ONLY guests in this spacious restaurant; unbelievable how such restaurants can survive even a couple of months!

it is actually a pitty as somebody put a lot of efforts in it and the result is pretty good! however the location is certainly not preferable.

so go there and enjoy before it is gone. i do not give him another 6 months!

Sounds good. It is in a kinda hard-to-get-to location (i.e., you likely won't go there unless that is your destination). I'll go check it out as soon as I escape from India. Thai menu as well, or just "international cuisine?"

BTW, in that same neighborhood, there is some place with a giant sign of young Elvis. What's that place?

And on soi 49, there is an old teak house restaurant, just after the Z in the road (coming from Suk) and before the Villa, called Pimon or something like that. I've been meaning to stop in there for years. Any good?

Cheers,

SD

Sounds good. It is in a kinda hard-to-get-to location (i.e., you likely won't go there unless that is your destination). I'll go check it out as soon as I escape from India. Thai menu as well, or just "international cuisine?"

just international cuisine, no thai food at all.

BTW, in that same neighborhood, there is some place with a giant sign of young Elvis. What's that place?

where should this be? haven't seen this!

And on soi 49, there is an old teak house restaurant, just after the Z in the road (coming from Suk) and before the Villa, called Pimon or something like that. I've been meaning to stop in there for years. Any good?

Piman is a tourist trap. every evening group tourists in vans are driven there where they watch the show and eat very mediocre thai food. set menu is over 1000 THB per person. no chance the change!

By the way, Bei Otto has now a branch on Thonglor. atmoshpere is not so german than on Suk SSoi 20 and much more Thais are eating there!

Archived