GTG in Farangland

mainsail

I appreciate everyone's input. I am seeing her off at the airport tomorrow. She is worth every commitment I am making here. I am now going to concentrate on taking care of my new family. I think earlier in my life I would have been freaked out by all of this but strangely I feel very good and confident about everything. We are both ready to have a kid and are really happy about what is happening here.

My earlier concerns about my past life have evaporated completely. I have no interest in anything but being true to my new family. I think it will be good for me to care about someone other than myself.

One of the things I realized was that in my past I was never completely satisfied with the person I was with. This is the first time I felt like this is really the person I was waiting for. Do I see things I don't like in her? Sure. But one of the things that my past prepared me for was to realize a good thing when I see one. I also learned what it means to click with a person or not.

This is the real thing. I know I could spend the rest of my life looking and never find anything better than this. It is time to stop looking.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But true isn't it ?

Not to mention the mortgage payment.

Think about it. Two months ago she was going to go to Thailand now. Was she expecting to save the required money in that time ? Don't be silly.

By my reckoning, she's short by about $3000 (flight, mortgage, spending money). Strange that one.

As for her not wanting him to go, well she's not 18 anymore, she had been married previously and she lives in the USA. I don't think her family will be expecting her to be a 19th century stay at home virgin will they ?

Just too many loose ends to take it at face value without having reservations.

TGs think strategically and long term. I still worry with the haste of getting pregnant....i also see no real reason for this not so young lady to square things with her 'brother'....i suspect she has some skeletons in her closet, these will be revealed in time. There'll be some lame excuse for not telling you about them. Otherwise enjoy the ride.

Archived