Get A Job

Nervous_Dog

So the wife wants the niece to get a part time job, thinks it's good discipline.

The girl starts school at 7 am, leaves home 6 am to get there, finishes school at 12 Noon, so a part time job in theory quite possible.

SO - I am walking past KFC this morning in Fortune, and I see a "Part TIme Workers Wanted" poster.

Go in and ask for a form for the niece.

She's 16, sorry - have to be 18!

MacDonalds also has a part time workers wanted sign

Sorry, has to be 18

Interesting as in Australia 15 - 18 year olds make up a lot of the part time Macca's KFC staff, but here in Thailand, I guess because wages are so low, you can get a "Adult" at such a cheap price no one wants the nightmare of training a younger person.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I took my wife to singapore was the first time she had ever seen a coke machine. She could'nt believe it, she wondered why Thailand did'nt have such things until I broke down the probable cost of a coke machine against the cost of employing someone to sell coke 24/7.

:topic:

I saw a sign in an Adelaide Thai resteraunt offering employment-in Thai. :nono: very illegal and just downright wrong IMO. I felt like ringing up for the job then squeezing them.....

FA....

I saw a sign in an Adelaide Thai resteraunt offering employment-in Thai. :nono: very illegal and just downright wrong IMO. I felt like ringing up for the job then squeezing them...

Saw one of those in Melbourne as well. And only offering $10/hr, which I believe is below minimum wage. Oh well...not my business.

Cheers,

SD

"...I saw a sign in an Adelaide Thai resteraunt offering employment-in Thai. very illegal and just downright wrong IMO. ..."

WHy is it illegal or wrong to advertise in Thai? I mean they obviously want a Thai person...I suppose one could be there legally, and not speak enough English to understand an ad written in English, happens here all the time...or am I missing something?

Archived