those wicked americans

Guest baldrick

this clearly wasn't their doing

This shit wasn't happening if the Americans wouldn't have fucked up the whole country. I don't understand people who cannot admit this war was one of the biggest mistakes the US ever did and their responsibility is to solve this mess. It may cost thousands of lifes of the young Americans and will probably take a decade or two. But destroying a country for cheaper oil and withdraw when things get ugly is a thing which will be remembered in the world history with big shame.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the percentage of foreign fighters/Al Quaida/whatever in Iraq is small. Most of the insurgents are quite young, Iraqi kids really, doing what English kids would do if England was invaded. Not sure why you can't see that.

"its just the refusel of you and others to accept others are doing NOTHING to help matters."

I read that a couple of times and I'm still not sure what it means. I can't help...I'm powerless...I just post crap on message boards. Are others helping? All I see is a lot of meddling.

Incidentally I don't think the attack on the Yazidis was 'totally random'. It probably has a lot to do with control of the Mosul region and its oilfields.

I can't help...I'm powerless...I just post crap on message boards. Are others helping?

three cheers to that!

Well it's true. I'm very upset about what's happened to Iraq. I worked there for a while and I liked the place. Decent people. It's because I'm powerless to help that I get frustrated.

i can understand the war of words between LP ans Chuckie but the thing going on in Iraq is not the same as what happened in WW2.

Iraqi's want the Foreign invaders out but while they fight the fight they are also fighting themselves.

many don't give a toss who they kill.

in WW2 you had the resistance's who tried their hardest to disrupt the Germans.

but they never sent suicide bombers to kill all and sundry just for the sake of it.

yes they targeted fellow Countrymen,but those who they thought as traitors.

if the UK was invaded i would take up arms against the invader but no way would i just kill my Countrymen for the sake of it.

i would be targeting the invaders..........

What you say is true. There are a lot of scores being settled in Iraq right now. If they were smart they would stop killing each other and concentrate on the invaders.

Unfortunately Arabs are too easily divided. They are often their own worst enemies. I forget who it was...some Israeli general I think, who said....I'll start worrying about the Arabs the day I see them queuing at bus stops.

i wonder how bad things would be if the Foreign troops all fucked off tomorrow?.

Hard to say. My impression is not many care about Iraqis now. Why would they care more if it got worse?

I think we do care ..it is not knowing how to get them to help themselves...that is a big problem

this clearly wasn't their doing

This shit wasn't happening if the Americans wouldn't have fucked up the whole country. I don't understand people who cannot admit this war was one of the biggest mistakes the US ever did and their responsibility is to solve this mess. It may cost thousands of lifes of the young Americans and will probably take a decade or two. But destroying a country for cheaper oil and withdraw when things get ugly is a thing which will be remembered in the world history with big shame.

A few points here, first, this was happening to an extent before the Americans showed up. Hussain kept a firm hand on it, and dealt harshly with any/all he even remotely suspected of being involved, why do you think he alledgedly had so many people killed?

Second...cheap oil? you must be joking? the point here is CONTROL of ALL oil. Then it sure as shit will not be cheap! The problem is to many people set the price of oil, stability in the region means a lower price. Toss in a war, stir shit up, get rid of the people who don't play ball with you, and you then have a few people determining what will be the price. War insures an excuse for higher prices.

The USA has a bad history of picking the wrong side in these civil matters. It comes back and bites us in the ass when they ultimately prevail.

Never should have gone in, there or Afghanistan, yes, anyone remember that? we are still in a war there, and losing as well. The best solution *might* be to pull out, let these people kill each other off, and then end the problem once and for all, and then make pals with the winner. Same in any of these situations.

Archived