those wicked americans

Guest baldrick

this clearly wasn't their doing

This shit wasn't happening if the Americans wouldn't have fucked up the whole country. I don't understand people who cannot admit this war was one of the biggest mistakes the US ever did and their responsibility is to solve this mess.

Think nobody denies the war was a mistake, that is easy to conclude in retrospect. The sectarian violence that followed I think nobody had anticipated, not even the staunchest oponents of the initial invasion.

What is debatable is the intentions for the toppling of Saddam Hussein. Some debates it was pure self-interest and malice, others debate the intentions was somewhat nobler than that.

Paillote

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this clearly wasn't their doing

This shit wasn't happening if the Americans wouldn't have fucked up the whole country. I don't understand people who cannot admit this war was one of the biggest mistakes the US ever did and their responsibility is to solve this mess.

Think nobody denies the war was a mistake' date=' that is easy to conclude in retrospect. The sectarian violence that followed I think nobody had anticipated, not even the staunchest oponents of the initial invasion.

What is debatable is the intentions for the toppling of Saddam Hussein. Some debates it was pure self-interest and malice, others debate the intentions was somewhat nobler than that.

Paillote[/quote']

Nobody had anticipated this outcome? Really?

Cheny's view on the outcome of an invasion of Iraq from 1994

Guest lazyphil

oil....what a mess, greedy oil companys shafting nigerians or fucking up alaskan wilderness etc etc etc etc, the intrinsic risks of moving oil in ships across the oceans to give cheap oil to thirsty folks, really, WE ARE ALL IN THE SHIT TOGETHER...unless you choose to live in a cave (like fidel :smirk: ) and eat berrys shut up. we all know the methodology of the acquisition of oil will always be ruthless, selfish and greedy and fraught with fuck ups so either boycott the stuff or just accept its evil and shut the hell up!

Most of the insurgents are quite young' date=' Iraqi kids really, doing what English kids would do if England was invaded. Not sure why you can't see that.

[/quote']

Really? Don't know what you are trying to achieve with outrageous statemensts like that. It fits really nice in your theories and blame games, but this would never happen in England and not many other places either. It really is unprecedented.

Your theories of everything is to blame on the coalition, and nothing can be blamed on the Iraqis makes your world very simple, but it is just not as easy as that. You would never see English kids blow themselves up along with 100's of their own countrymen. People are people, but behaviour is definitly different form place to place. Drawing a parallel like what you did is shameful.

It is really frightening how far many people are going in understanding and excusing terrorism. There are always reasons for terrorism, some better than others, but never excuses for it. And please dont mix terrorism and resistance. Some here fails to see the difference despite how huge it is.

Paillote

'It would never happen in England' my arse. You are the one that's confused. It's been said many times....one man's terrorist is another man's resistance fighter. Sure the ones blowing themselves are misguided but they aren't doing it for fun. Suicide bombers don't represent the majority of insurgents. Most of them are young kids doing exactly what young British and American kids would be doing if their country was occupied. If you think they would be docile and well behaved you don't know much about Western youth. They'd be sniping from rooftops and planting roadside bombs. They would probably be killing collaborators too. I suppose you would call them terrorists.

Guest lazyphil

you don't know much about Western youth.

i'm significantly closer to the age of western youth than you and i wager they'll be trying to 'big it up west side, innit' than worry about any events going on around them like invaders. old man!

Archived