Norwegian beaten into coma in Pattaya

Ed Zeppelin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed Mekong does seem to be in a rather odd mood, quite the offensive fellow today... ably backed by his wing-man.

Maybe it's because Man U totally goofed against West Ham. I feel your pain M.

Irrelevant of what the young Norwegian did or didn't do, 4 onto 1 doesn't seem right. Left for dead also isn't right. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Regarding totally unprovoked attacks in LOS...Last trip, some Middle Eastern guy shoved New Mrs. Hippie while we were shopping On Sukhumvit. Before I could do anything, she planted her feet, and shoved him right back (my girl boxes!), sending the guy flying into his friends who now suddenly have balls, and want to fight her and now me.

Within 1/2 a second, a group of Thais started gathering and badgering the M.E. and his pals, a few gave light shoves. Now all of a sudden, they were not so brave, yet had the nerve to yell shit in whatever language. A few more shoves got the point across, and they beat a retreat into a taxi.

The crowd of Thais dispersed, no other words from New Mrs. Hippie, it just ended. Point is, you fuck with one, you fuck with all, the way it should be with friends and family. There would not be an incident had these guys (the middle easterners) not been drinking, and had they not chosen to be rude to a local. This is the way they handle business here. They handle it the same way with each other.

Now, to some, Thailand is a wonderful beautiful place to come for holiday, yet it it can also be a violent place to get beaten to death in. Pick the first, and if Thais and the way they do things bothers you, stay home. But above all, stop complaining about how they do things here, while coming here to "enjoy" yourself...if the place sucks to bad, and the people are so awful then go elsewhere...is all I have to say to some.

....Point is, you fuck with one, you fuck with all, the way it should be with friends and family....

But the crowd of Thais who eagerly joined in weren't your friends or your family. They had no idea who you were or probably who was right or who was wrong in this incident. They probably just fancied a fight?

Guest lazyphil

mekong i'd rather have hemaroids than live in the usa as much as i enjoy visiting the place i'm a east anglian through and through. i have no desire to live anywhere else :smirk:

and apologies for misquoting you, my mistake, solly.

Guest lazyphil

thai (some) guys are not cowards i've told this story before and i will again. i was at a thai party in a english village pub, although a thai party english outnumbered them 2 to 1 at least.....there was tension and i'm in the bog taking a poo and outside in the urinal area i here angry words exchanged i open the door to find 2 thai guys thai born/raised) and 2 english lads yapping, the english telling them to fuck off back to where they came from, then one

english guy swings at the thai,(i tried to defuse it all to no avail) then those 2 thais pulverised him i got out of the way of the blood splattering, the lad came out soaked in his own blood looking very fed up, now that pub was full of young thugs and the thais new it but didn't stop them smashing his face in, they were 6000 miles from their comfort zone!

i was fairly sure of the outcome of this but the english lads, who thought they were tough and looked the part had no clue what was coming at least the one who took the first swing, i dread to think the outcome if they had weapons!

Guest lazyphil

i could be wrong but those thai guys maybe knew they could do this without the pub turning on them, maybe they sensed brits dont have the same insticts to wade in and help out a countryman in trouble, who knows....

as for this norweigian, like SD says we dont have the full story. i'm not nearly as experienced as some esteemed los vets here but i've found if you keep your trap shut you wont end up in casualty in thailand.

Archived