Free health care for all?

Flashermac

O.k. so as I have pointed out, Employer paid medical insurance is part of compensation for working. Under the current system, people who lose their jobs, lose their insurance, and they can't afford it. This is in many cases, NO fault of their own, yet they have to suffer/risk financial ruin as a result. Many employers do not offer medical insurance. So what is your plan? How can working people/families afford health coverage/care?

As for people "taking your feathers..." They are doing that now. We don't punish them, but we do punish working people who's tax dollars help keep your feathers fluffed.

Let me add, that most western/developed countries in this "global market/economy" provide some sort of basic health care. If we are to "compete" with these people, then the playing field must be level right? This would include government subsidies for R and D as well as health care and such.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, Michael Moore IS a joke. There was a follow-up documentary that made holes in his bullshit big enough for an aircraft carrier to pass through.

Also, all u need to do is read some of the horror stories told by physicians who have defected to other countries.

HH

As I said, M. Moore is M. Moore, to be taken with a grain of salt.

However, people on the street, who you can chat up with the next time you are in LOS (and bring my black licorice :-)) he can tell you first hand experience, while he was living in Cuba, while he had a hot Cuban babe (OK, that's off topic)...but while I firmly agree the medical care in the USA is good, there are many other countries where it is as good or better at a far less expensive cost.

Yes, there have been many Indian docs that have returned to India to work because of all the bull shit involved with the US medical system (AMA, insurance, lawyers, etc)...

OK, time to get ur azz back here for a chat up...

Hey what about this to defray some of the set up and ongoing administrative costs.

National lottery. Share a small amount with the states (since state lotteries will lose out a bit). All the proceeds can go for health care maintenence along with any other taxes we may incorporate.

This time we really do put it in a lock box where it can only be used for one thing and not raided like social security has with IOUs.

A national lottery would raise a ton of money. And as they say about lotteries, it only taxes the willing.

Didn't want to start a new thread under threat of dismemberment from Mekong, so I thought I'd throw this in here.

Seems Obama had a hand in creating his first job for someone..lol.

An excited 19-year-old lands a new gig after speaking up at Obama's Florida town hall.

See, some folks really, really, really, think Barry is THE ONE ! (Fools.)

HH

Never mind Barry. What is your solution? I have no problem paying for my health insurance either directly, or out of my taxes, all I ask is that it be affordable, which currently, it is not.

BKT...of course. I now pay almost twice as much as before cuz I'm forced to take medicare.

OH...Payroll tax paid by those who are employed. With a co-pay. Most people only need catastrophic insurance. Not employed, pick up a first aid kit and a bottle of aspirin at some clinic.

HH

Apparantly, all Americans here are apparantly happy with the Medical services provided, but not with the slightly high cost......

I assume the service in Belgium is at least on par with other countries, but I pay a grand total of Euro 159 per quater for both of us. That is ~ USD 827 per year. for full coverage. And this is high as I am self-employed.

Besides that I have an extra private insurance for private hospital rooms, and other perks, cost me ~ USD 600 per year for both of us. And it covers al the extra care, as well as homecare.

So, when sick, I visit the MD -of my choice- at his/her practice, and pay ~ USD 6 for the visit, then go to the pharmacy and pay the strict min for the prescribed meds.

Need a hospital visit ? make an appoinment with the doc of your choice or in the hospital of your choice.

System works and top service, however no system is perfect and there are misuses as well.

Just another perspectve.

BB

Archived