Valentine's Day flowers

fatbastard33

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My valentine would crown me for paying thousands of baht for flowers and be upset I didn't just give her that kind of money in hand instead. But I kind of would like to do some flowers so seriously, is there any REASONABLY PRICED delivery? I have used flowers2thailand in the past and been happy with it, but noticed they have jacked all the prices and suspended the cheap things until valentines is over! I mean paying a little extra during high season is one thing, but getting totally reamed is another.

Send the flowers a day early, or late. Then blame the time difference, "idiot at the shop" etc, and thus get the better price, apologize profusely, and then "make it up to her" with a nice gift later in hand...good luck, if you are daft enough to follow this advice, let me know how it goes. :)

Hi,

Fully agree. Unfortunately, if I don't give my wife any flowers she will be most upset :(

Sanuk!

You and the rest of the "guys" here have to sack up, act like men and lay the law down on all this Valentine's day gift giving crap.

I say you skip the flowers, and when she scoffs, really go off say something like "...look woman, I'm the man of this house, and I will be the one to decide when and IF you get flowers or any gifts at all, when I say, NOT when some made up holiday tells me to! I am the man, I will not be dictated to by you, or anyone else, that is how it is. You don't like it? then don't let the door hit your ass on the out! Now get you self in the kitchen and make dinner, and you'd better look pretty god damned good doing it too, or I am off to Soi Cowboy to find your replacement! Now move!..."

That is what you should do.

If all else fails, just try logic and reason, I have never heard of a Thai woman not getting on board when you use logic and reason to explain why she is not getting a gift.

....I say you skip the flowers, and when she scoffs, really go off say something like "...look woman, I'm the man of this house, and I will be the one to decide when and IF you get flowers or any gifts at all, when I say, NOT when some made up holiday tells me to! I am the man, I will not be dictated to by you, or anyone else, that is how it is. You don't like it? then don't let the door hit your ass on the out! Now get you self in the kitchen and make dinner, and you'd better look pretty god damned good doing it too, or I am off to Soi Cowboy to find your replacement! Now move!..."

Works every time. :thumbup: :smirk:

oh Munch, you 'ol cynic..hehehe...okay, its not romantic, but if he wants to and his girl likes it (or not), 'up to him'.

I may chuckle when I hear of guys sending flowers, money for sick buffalo or whatever and it may be pathetic to most, but its 'no harm, no foul'. I still think its an 'up to you' thingy and its not hurting anyone so I am uncomfortable with labeling people pathetic and the like. Walking around LOS we see love sick guys who are drunk with infatuation, love, lust or whatever. I feel like the guy who knows that the magicians hankerchief is in his sleeve while they think its magic.

Its none of my business, no matter what I think. If a guy wants to send flowers, I'm not gonna berate him about it. Up to him.

Archived