First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush

Flashermac

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raygun...doubled the national debt

During the Reagan years tax revenues went up thanks to his innovative tax reform, but the democratically controlled congress made and passed budgets that created the debt. So unless you have facts to prove otherwise let's all agree Reagan was the good guy here and the democrats simply went on a spending spree and blamed Reagan.

Funny what happened to Bush Sr too. He was crucified by democrats for not sticking to his "read my lips" because he signed the DEMOCRATS tax bill. Still, he was stupid for doing that but talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Sorry go be so late in responding to this.

I believe that Democrats were only in the congressional majority for only two years of the Reagun administration. "innovative tax reform" was called Trickle Down which did not work, unless you are rich.

In any case the President does have some say over the budget. A recent Doonesbury cartoon pointed out that 70% of the national debt, in the history of the US, occurred during the Reagan-Bush-Bush administrations.

You cannot blame the current massive deficit spending on the Democrats. And taxes are going to have to be raised, or the money is going to have to come from somewhere. Republicans have a history of irresponsible deficit spending.

zen

Ya Zen. As I always say, only piss trickles down.

[color:red]GOP are traitors and thieves.[/color]

They want all the services (they say they don't, but never cut anything), then refuse to pay for it. That's the dictionary definition of a thief, innit? And if you steal from your country, you're a traitor.

QED

Cheers,

SD

USA did use to carry a lot of respect around the world. Today, there are only a few countries that really like USA citizens.

If GWB does go to Iran, our popularity with the world will probably falter even more. From what I understand, Iran is the number 2 supplier of oil in the world. If this is true, the price of oil will probably reach $200.00 a barrel if not more. Many people will probably look to the USA as the cause of the problem. Not good. Not good for our country and not good for GWB.

No no no, Fox news is saying the Iranians love us and are waiting for us to come and free them. This war will last maybe a week or2 at the most, no casualties, and gas will be $1.39 a gallon at the pump. Just as Iraq was "Mission Accomplished" way ahead of schedule, just as Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh Bill O'Reilly etc all predicted!

$1.39 for disel and $.79 for gasoline.

I was thinking again today and realized we could both me millionaires if we had bought a barn full of toilet paper when toilet paper was selling for 5 cents a roll. It didn't dawn on me till yesterday that we could have gotten the 5 cent rolls for 3 cents a roll because we would have been buying in bulk. Shit, do you remember, those rolls of toilet paper were really rolls of paper.

But I am glad I bought stock in KY. The price of that will be going up soon. The American Dream is no longer owning a house but having stock in KY.

Archived