Fucking Furious

LookieLookie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people wouldn't give legal advice when they have no idea what they're talking about. The only possible legal recourse is slander but the OP would have to pay legal costs himself. As for sex discrimination, this would be against the employer but the OP would have to first inform the employer and give them the opportunity to resolve the matter themselves.

The best advice is for the OP not to be such a wimp and confront the bitch directly or report her to the appropriate person if he doesn't feel comfortable doing that.

I would go for the throat.......lawyers, employers, discrimination board crucify her.

If that is what she has said to your face, imagine what she is saying behind your back.

Try and find a good litigation lawyer who has recently had a messy divorce.....might get some over and above the call of duty.....someone who will have a personal interest.

I know a very well known human rights lawyer who frequents LOS. If you want a contact PM me as he is very well connected.

Personally I would not be returning to work Monday. Notify your manager and lawyer up. Your employer will need to take this very seriously and I am sure you will be given leave with pay.

Your employer could also face a big problem should they not handle this in a professional way.

Good grief. No wonder the US is in such a fucked up state. You Yanks complain about the litigation society, too many lawyers, etc and yet the first piece of advice from so many posters to a simple work matter is not to talk to the person directly first but to recruit a massive team of lawyers and "sue her ass"! :shakehead

I know the UK is different but surely the first, cheapest, easier, most sensible and civil course of action is to have a quiet word with the lady concerned, saying something like:

"Look, I know this 'kiddy-fiddler' thing is just a joke because there have been a few nasty perverts in the news but please stop it now. I'm obviously not a kiddy-fiddler and it's not appropriate for a professional environment that you should joke like this. After all, you what would happen if I made such inappropriate comments about you?"

Jeez, in a place where I worked, the boss used to call one guy a kiddy-fiddler just because he had that kind of face. The guy took it well, even joking about it when a short, boyish, supplier visited. The same boss would casually refer to another guy as gay simply because this guy had a slightly effeminate face and voice. Nobody took it too seriously.

Don't US offices have banter? :dunno:

Archived