Fucking Furious

LookieLookie

Lookie,

Truth is an absolute defense to slander, and while you are - I assume - not as she says you are, the taking of statements could be a bit prickly, simply given the public perceptions. Perhaps not for you, I don't know your story, but for quite a few:

- how many entries to Thailand?

- why, what was your motivation?

- salary in LOS versus other options? why take the non-lucrative path?

- have you ever slept with a Thai? for money?

- did you check ID?

- are you aware of the age of consent in LOS?

- during your time in LOS, is it possible that you frequently the same entertainment establishments as [insert list of pervs here]?

Just thinking outloud really, but being identified in a lawsuit or administrative process as an accused LOS pedo is pretty much the same as being found guilty in many people's minds...

YimSiam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore ALL of the advice that says to talk to her first, DON'T, she will twist it to say you are harassing her. Go directly to your HR department, and document this, thus anything she does from then on will be seen as retaliation for your report. Giving her a heads up will only give her a chance to get the first shot in on you. You need to "strike first" on this.

Should your HR department ask why you didn't talk with her, you simply say I did not want anymore of her insults/abuse, and I want immediate action taken on this. Maybe even talk to an attorney as well, this cunt has slandered you, and you may be entitled to some compensation.

What OH said.

And I haven't recommended a lawyer for financial compensation purposes, but for overseeing application of the law. Women will not obey the law if there is a detrimental aspect in it for them.

Coss

Gobbledonk.....unless you treat this with absolute seriousness you are making a huge mistake.

I saw it happen to another guy once (different circumstances) but it farked him up long term. Nothing PC here to consider. I stand by my previous advice.

And when you get dragged into immigration when you return because word had got around and someone has reported you, don't say you weren't warned.

Problem with a lot of people is that even though they have nor proof, they want it to be true. Adds some excitement to their dull existence.

I really think this depends a lot on the position of the OP in the organization, and the position of the woman. If the OP is in an upper or senior managerial position, and especially if the woman is subordinate to him, then a quiet approach is probably advised (talk to her quietly, bring it up with HR, but don't make a federal case out of it). Let her and HR know that you are deeply offended by this "joke", and if it were to continue publicly or privately (e.g. behind your back), then you might need to "consider your options".

If you a middle to lower middle manager, or if you are a line worker, then go ahead with guns blazing.

Either way, you should be prepared to face the possibility that, no matter what the outcome, you may need to find work elsewhere.

Definitely talk to a lawyer, and perhaps a career coach.

Hi Lookie Lookie,

I am a lawyer in OZ, feel free to PM me for guidance. In brief, you clearly have a case in defamation and also work place harrassment for bullying (not sexual discrimination).

I would simply chalk one up for the boys and crucify the bitch, professionally speaking.

I am in 100% agreeance with Bust.

This is no joking matter. I cannot think of a worse insult or degradation of a male.

It's enough that it is a women's world these days despite the fact that men still have it very very good. If he was a male in a women's workforce who stated the weakest off colour jibe to a female who would be crucified.

Chapstick, please tell me of a worse insult to a normal, loving, family (if he is or not) man?

Hi Lookie Lookie,

I am a lawyer in OZ, feel free to PM me for guidance. In brief, you clearly have a case in defamation and also work place harrassment for bullying (not sexual discrimination).

I would simply chalk one up for the boys and crucify the bitch, professionally speaking.

I agree, it is time we "sack up" and take back our rights and respect!

:yeahthat:

rchapstick......in doesn't matter a shit whether he is a CEO in a multinational or a garbage collector...you cannot go around even joking about this stuff

Bust

I agree that it does not matter ... it is wrong, pure and simple.

But, IF you are part of the management of the company, and you follow thru with legal challenges and involve HR extensively, then you are not seen as a team player, and you will very quickly find your career derailed ... unless, that is, you bring in major streams of revenue. Then, frankly, you can pretty much do whatever you want, and everyone will look the other way.

BTW, the same would apply to the woman trashing the OP. If she is a major rainmaker, then if he complains the OP will quietly be given a settlement and be asked to leave.

I'm not saying any of this is right, it is just reality.

Archived