Currently - best gogo?

lifesabeach

It would be fascinating simply to compare the dancers' outfits over the decades. They were quite tame when I came here. Then in the mid '80s, they sort of disappeared all together.

brilliant idea! a second coffee table book!

depending on the bar, in my memory, even by the late 80s, many of the gals were still wearing one-piece bathing suits.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trink once told me with a sly grin that he had never published the best pics. Then he gestured at his rusty old filing cabinet, the one he hung his socks on to dry out. I'd imagine whoever gets their hands on those pics, could use them with no questions asked.

Can someone enlighten this noob as to who Trink is / was...?

Flash,

Personally, I think guys like you, Trink, Dean etc all owe it to us to provide the history of our pastime. I mean so much history has been lost over the years, Pams closing was almost the last of an era, Annie is *MAYBE* the only one left from those days...Time is short, and we need to know our past so we can move foreward. It's our roots man, our roots!

Trink's photos were taken every week and thus provide a continuous record of the nightlife. Dean tries to pretend he is respectable, while Trink just really didn't care. In the 1970s, Trink even used to entertain his readers about that week's visit to a massage parlour, written in an easily crackable code. :hubba:

OH, remember that I spent my first 5 years here upcountry. I only got in to Bangkok periodically. Trink was cruising the bars EVERY SINGLE WEEK ... and got paid to do so. :worship:

Georges Orgibet came here in 1945 at the end of WWII with the US Information Service. he knew the nightlife before there were any bars to speak of. Nightclubs were the entertainment places in the late '40s and '50s. Fortunately, he wrote some about it. (Uh ... yeah, the gals were "available".)

Archived