I did not see this reported on in the US! (Obama)

TheCorinthian

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not defending RY here, because I think he is an absolute prick.

However, do you think that if a referendum was held in the US (do you have referendum's :dunno: ) on whether or not the US should attack Iran, would only ex servicemen would be allowed to vote? I don't think so, so why shouldn't RY have his opinion?

Because any fuckwit can demand military action, death and destruction, when you have to go and do it, or risk getting killed, many people rethink their position. All the neo con fucks who want to go invade everyone else, are by and large guys who would never go and do it themselves, yet they have no problem sending other people's kids off to die.

Look at Pearl Harbor, guys felt a need for war, and they signed up in droves, they didn't sit around "yelling you, over there, go fight the war, I'll stay here where it is safe..." They went and did it.

As for should people who have been to war/the military have the only say? no, but people who advocate it should be willing to go and suffer the ordeal.

Guest lazyphil

i do wholeheartly see your pov. but is it fair to say currently people do have a choice to join the armed forces or not. why would you join if you know warmongers are in power????

People join from a combination of patriotism and economics. The politicians do their best to convince young folks that they are defending their country. When you are a teenager, you tend to believe them.

But I remember hearing complaints from career soldiers even in the '90s during the Clinton years. They'd say, "I enlisted to defend my country, not to be the world's police force."

Well, if you support the war mongers, and there position, and you honestly believe it is in the country's best interests, just and right than why not join up and go fight for it? Instead of advocating someone else do the fighting?

One guy here blindly supports the current regime, advocates more wars, yet has never served in the military and seen war close up, and will not go and join the fighting himself, yet has no problem demanding others go do it for him. Oddly, 2 here have stepped up to the plate to try and defend him, yet, he has not stepped up himself to defend himself, typical chicken hawk hiding behind others.

Archived