I did not see this reported on in the US! (Obama)

TheCorinthian

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the "Reverend Jesse" actually have a church? Does he actually have a job? Al Sharpton may run around like a chicken with its head cut off at times, but I believe he really does work.

:hmmm:

Neither one has a church, not sure either one ever did. Both are ordained clergy, but than so am I and several other members of this board. Both are opportunists, and seem to act in their own best interests, such as the coca cola boycott, the Reebok boycott,and all the money they get for showing up at rallies and making speeches. Don't even get me started on how Jesse flipped on the issue of Ebonics with the Oakland school district...best thing I can say is At least Al occasionally gets out and fights in the street for an issue.

OH summed it up. Jesse and Rev Al, have the power they do, not because they have the millions of blacks in America holding them up as our appointed leaders but because the media are too scared and chicken shit to call them on it, gives them air time and go to them when ever some black issue makes national news. The mass media are scared shitless Jesse will use the race card on them.

Jesse's power is really an indictment of how little the mass media knows about the 'black community' because if they knew, they wouldn't have paid him mind.

With Obama's emergence, Jesse and Rev Al's power diminishes.

My sister had a friend in Orange county who was fighting some sort of discrimination matter that she wanted national attention brought to and she called Operation Push to see if Jackson would support their cause. She was told how much it would cost and all the criteria, including that he only flies first class. She was shocked at what she was hearing. The cause was subservient to the fee. Bottom line is Jesse gets paid big money to back causes and when he does, he gets a cut from the companies he goes after. He went after a beer company and one of his sons got a sweetheart beer distribution deal about it.

Remember the Denny's Restaraunt discrimination case. They gave Jesse the 43 million to find and give to the class action type of distribution and we all know where most of that money ended up.

Why do you feel compelled to be so obnoxious?

If you can't take it without sniveling then maybe you shouldn't dish it out' date=' Faust.[/quote']

Sniveling? How so? I'm extremely amused by your presence on a board about mongering in Thailand. What would your whiter-than-white, holier-than-thou, supremacist peers think of you?

I can dish it out, but take what?

Oh, you mean your razor sharp wit? Your profound insights? Your cutting remarks? Your devastating repartee? Your integrity and honesty?

LOL.

I've witnessed none of the above from you. I wait with eager anticipation for you to furnish us all with any of the above.

My wait might well be considerable.

Btw, you clumsily side stepped my other points. Hardly surprising (see previously made point).

out of interest Steve,what should someone of your colour be addressed as in the US?.

here in the UK i work with many Africans and i would never dream of addressing them as Black,i would get in too much trouble.

coloured is the preffered term.......

Why don't you just use their first names ?

Twas you who missed the point there dude...

How so?

To parody your typical responses ...You rightist fascist neo cons never get the point, and I won't waste time explaining to someone who clearly cannot understand it anyway...

Such replies are annoying aren't they? Of course I could just ignore your question, dismissing it later as lame...

Or I could say I'll answer it when you explain why you advocate U.S. involvement in multiple wars, when you are to much of a coward to join the military and go fight for your country and what you believe in, as I and others on this board have done.

We did so, only to have someone like your self try and insult us by calling us lefties and commies, when fact is, it is guys like us, NOT YOU, who give all Americans (and occasionally others) the right to descent and debate the popular position/opinion. I'll let you know what I decide, or maybe I won't...

Archived