2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

Gallas has now been stripped of the captaincy and rightly so.

Question is, who should take over. There is no player that automatically springs to mind. Maybe Fabregas, maybe Adebayor.

I think this highlights Arsenals problem, no obvious leaders on the pitch, you can play all the pretty football you like but you need to have a leader when it gets tough.

Rumor mill says its Fabregas. It may or may not solve some problems. It remains to be seen. We haven't had a great leader since Vieira left and of course Adams before him. Fabregas is a born leader though.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry Steve,we don't like bullshit here.

no way are you a newbie on the subject of football.

how many times times have you told us of going through the wringer to watch your beloved Arse and how many websites you log onto each day?.

???

I'm a newbie in relation to you guys on this forum. Am I missing something about the gist of my post? This is a red herring with regards to what I wrote about.

With regards to my being new to the game, read the post in context. Mekong was going on about Fergie winning trophies from way back and his suggesting that I said the Carling Cup Fergie won a few years ago was his first. I NEVER said it was his first but said it was his first Trophy since after the 2004 season.

Why is it the man yoo fans that fail to understand the post? Maybe you guys are reading what you want into it instead of what the post actually says. 'Man Yoo colored glasses' perhaps. No crime in that I guess since I could be guilty of doing the same at times with regards to Arsenal, as do a lot of supporters.

That's the only thing that is making me think I'm writing greek.

Halftime now of the Chelsea game as of this writing and even if it ends up dropped points for Chelsea, I think its their title still and Man Utd and Liverpool are fighting for second. We're fighting to fend off 5th place as it stands.

Big game in Serie A as Juve faces Inter, Ranieri faces Mourinho. A war of words in the press earlier in the season has made this game similar to the old Arsenal v. Man Utd clashes.

'I'm a newbie in relation to you guys on this forum'

you've been on the forum longer than me so it seems i'm the newbie..........

'With regards to my being new to the game, read the post in context. Mekong was going on about Fergie winning trophies from way back and his suggesting that I said the Carling Cup Fergie won a few years ago was his first. I NEVER said it was his first but said it was his first Trophy since after the 2004 season'

not quite what you said.

'As I said, it was the first trophy by both managers. Fergie in particular was under the gun and the CC was the only trophy he could win but I think it served as a catalyst for a title. The players got a taste of silverware and I think it helped them in pursuit of higher honors'

your post clearly says that the CC Cup was the first trophy MU won under Fergie.

i see no mention of 2004 or any other Season.

you really think Fergie was under pressure in 2003 to win things??????????

and as Mekong said MU winning the CC Cup was hardly the catalyst for MU winning PL titles.

it was the least worthy trophies won by MU before the PL was won.

Arsenal soundly beaten by Man City...3-0! Not surprising after the week they've had.

Man U fucked up at Villa. 3 points were needed. Fergie swapping the squad around second half, definitely some players not firing on all cylinders this season...a bit worrying. Thankfully Chavski drew, but we are still quite a bit off the pace.

Mekong, my apologies. I apparantly thought I was explaining something to someone that could comprehend an explanation. You were still arguing a point that has been explained and I should have realized it wasn't sinking in.

I had a nice chuckle reading your 'Fergie won it before i tells ya!' post until I realized you were serious. about arguing a well known fact that hasn't been disputed.

Sayjann, well, I won't 'go there'. I'll give you a pass. I won't explain why but trust me, its more sympathy than anything else.

Last post on it as its a horse beaten unrecognizable and boring to everyone else.

Well, I will say this, I have been warned by football fans when I first got into the sport that football is akin to politics and religion. The silly exchanges have proven the statement to me.

Peace...er...ah...I mean 'cheers'. I'll use the Brit term so its not misinterpreted like my post.

haha...thanks for a good laugh guys. You can have your thread back

and as Mekong said MU winning the CC Cup was hardly the catalyst for MU winning PL titles.

it was the least worthy trophies won by MU before the PL was won.

Now 'that', is a legitimate subject open for a debate. The other stuff about man yoo and CC titles, my being a newer supporter than others detracts the thread frankly in my humble opinioin. My post was really about Arsenal needing to win a trophy, however my using Man Yoo's CC win as an anology is a legitimate debating subject. A lot could have been avoided had it been about what the post was about and not what someone wanted it to be but wasn't. Had your buddy posted about that or something of that substantive nature a few pages of 'much ado about nothing' could have been avoided.

Archived