2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want to indulge myself now and talk about one of the best Players to grace the English Game.

with his Goal against Celtic Ryan Giggs becomes the first Player to score in 12 consequetive CL campaigns.

and if he scores in the PL this Season he will become the only Player to score every Season.

and apart from being the Player who has played the most Games for MU he has been named in some fine Teams over the Years.

picked for the PFA Team of the Century in 2007.

picked for the EPL Team of the Decade in 2003.

picked for the FAC Team of the Century.

picked for inclusion for the Football Leagues 100 Legends.

and not forgetting his award for scoring the best ever FAC Goal against Arsenal..........

and he also the record holder for the most number of goal assists since the PL started.

and he was inducted into the English Football Hall Of Fame in 2005.

he joined such great names as:-

Matthews.

Finney.

Moore.

Edwards.

Best.

Dalglish.

Charlton.

full list below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Football_Hall_of_Fame

i will be i Preston in a Weeks time and will make the effort to visit the Museum and pay homage to some of the greatest footballers to grace this fine game of ours......

Arsenals second goal was class

45 Seconds in possestion 15 passes take the play back behind the half way line then attack ... Hats off that was good football.

Yes, I am Salford born and bred and a Man United die hard but at least I understand the game and today you beat us fair and square, Well done Good game!

And to get even worse next saturday. :smirk:

Arsenal 2 v 1 Man Utd. Great game' date=' great result. :) :grin: :applause::yay::soccer: [/quote']

Yet again United pay the price for not putting away clear cut chances wich I think will be their undoing this season.

Congrats to The Arsenal kids, showed some real backbone, at times completely out passed us and fully deserved the win.

Fantastic advertisment for the game of football. :thumbup:

while i'm disappointed my Team lost,the game was a great advert for the PL.

great flowing Football,passion and a desire to win from both Teams.

i didn't get to see the game until some 12 Hours after it was played but i was enthralled.

well done to both Teams for taking part in one of the best games of the Season...... :thumbup:

Archived