2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just seen the incident again, I must admit when I watch a game live on TV I tend to see it through red-tinted glasses so I needed to see the incident again in the calm of day before commenting. In all fairness to Ronaldo he didn't even make an appeal and neither did any of the other united players.

Jlloyd Samuel won the ball fair and square and Ronaldo's momentum caused him to trip but not a dive, even Gary Megson is not pointing the finger at Ronaldo, his actual words were :-

"It was an absolute nonsense. I don't think anyone in the ground thought it was an actual penalty,

We thought that Ronaldo was going to get booked for diving, which would have been strong, but to give a penalty was a complete surprise - it was an absolute nonsense decision.

He's played the ball, it's not even close, and Cristiano's fallen over his leg."

I liked the cheeky back heel that set up Rooney :grin:

Will we ever hear from him again? will we miss him?

FERGIE BREAKS OFF PRESS RELATIONS

Alex Ferguson has added to his media boycott by apparently bringing an end to his co-operation with the press.

Ferguson, who famously does not speak to the BBC, but also refuses to give exclusives to The Manchester Evening News due to an argument dating back to 1995, told the press corps travelling with Manchester United to Denmark for their Champions League tie against Aalborg that he would not be talking to them again.

"You will never get any help out of me again," he is quoted in The Guardian as saying.

Ferguson is seemingly annoyed about an interview he gave on Manchester United's pre-season tour to South Africa, in which he pointed out that several Chelsea players were over 30 and said he was unsure about how much a side of that age could improve.

He said in July: "Chelsea are an experienced side and I don't see outstanding progress coming from a team in their 30s."

The story was reported in many quarters as a criticism of Chelsea, something that Ferguson is now apparently extremely irked about.

"I gave you access in South Africa and I shouldn't have given you access," he said.

"It won't happen again. From now on, no matter how many miles you travel to get an interview, you won't get one."

Ferguson was speaking at a UEFA press conference, and would have been fined had he not attended.

Quite why it has taken Ferguson more than two months to realise this has offended him so is unclear :hmmm: and he has conducted many press conferences with the press in the meantime - but it appears he will not be speaking to the press again for the forseeable future.

With his other assorted boycotts, that leaves Sky Sports and Setanta as the only outlets he will speak to, and it is surely only a matter of time before one of those offends him too.

The following quote I just read on the Redcaf had me laughing out loud!

2116: The cheeky DJ at Cluj played 'Glory Glory Man United' before the teams arrived on the pitch. Further needle comes from the home fans, who unfurl a banner saying: "Roses are red, Chelsea are blue, my grandma can take spot-kicks better than you."

Classy :rotl::rotl::rotl:

Looks like I'll be cheering on the mighty Cluj when they visit the Bridge.

Archived