2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

oh dear............

Teddy and Chelseafan will be crying in their beers tonight....... :doah:

Liverpool totally outplayed by Spurs and deserved to be beaten.

yes they played a 2nd Team but after how the Arsenal Team performed it shows many are not good enough.

and Chelsea played with a fairly good Team but still failed to beat a much smaller Team..... :shakehead

looks like their last chance of silverware has vanished this Season........... :grinyes:

Arsenal looked good,VERY good,but i wonder how many of them will make the grade at The Emirates in the next few Years?.

Arsenal have always had good young players coming through but then get sold off as they don't quite make the grade.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The squad lacks some intangibles. They are talented enough but don't have it in them for a title chase.

I've always maintained that Arsenal are a good, even great continental side playing in an english league.

The rest of the league is in a 38 game league while Arsenal are in a 4 team league. We only seem to get up for Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool and can't be 'arsed' as you all say about the rest of the league. Other than the aforementioned sides, the CL is all they seem motivated to play for.

Whatever is missing mentally, Wenger hasn't found a way around it.

My recommendations for Wenger is scrap the league. Play for 4th. We're not going to win it. Just make sure you have cushion against the rivals for 4th (Villa, Citeh, etc.). Whether its 60, 65 or 70 points, get that.

Put the efforts into winning the 3 cups. The CC is winnable. Man Yoo is the only side left that can beat a full strength Arsenal side on their day. The squad needs silverware. Any silverware. The CC has been maligned but it was the first silverware Jose and Fergie got before winning their receent titles.

I'd play kids only if its warranted but pepper the XI with a couple first team members. Go for at least a semi or final in the CL. This will take you till May which by that time the league is long gone and you'll need motivation to keep playing. Same with the FA Cup, go for it 100%.

In the summer weed out the ones who haven't gotten the stomach for the league campaign. Play some youth in the league games. Ramsey is good enough for at least 45 minutes or an hour. He's go the best of both worlds, British fight and continental skill. Walcott to a lesser extent.

Buy a top class defensive center mid. A dominating center half wouldn't be bad either.

Archived