2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

Some classic quotes in Joke In 'Ere's press conference, in particular his opening remarks!

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a cunt.

SB Thank you.

JK Which one is Hickman [Niall, football writer for the Express]? You are out of order. Absolutely fucking out of order. If you do it again, I am telling you you can fuck off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that fucking crap. No fucking way, lies. Fuck, you're saying I turned up and they [Newcastle's players] fucked off.

Plenty more where that came from:

There's a circus in the Toon ......

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've always rather admired Arsehole Whinger but his post-match comments yesterday have wiped out any respect I had left for him. When your 'untouchables' have just scraped a draw in the last of a very dubious 4 minutes of additional time and you can't manage a word of praise for your opponents, I really think that's piss poor.

BTW Anyone thinking that Leadbitter seemed a bit over-emotional when he scored may like to know that his dad died during the summer and he ran to where his ashes are buried.

have to agree about Winger.

his comments about Sunderland were disrespectable.

Sunderland had a game plan and it worked until the very last few seconds.

why is it that the big Clubs expect the little one's to just lay down and let them win?.

and i include the legend who is known as Sir Alex in that equation.

but Winger was even worse when the Arse lost to Hull.

he gave no credit to Hull at all,saying his Team were poor/unlucky/decisions given againt them.

no matter that Hull played quite well.

and this from a Manager who complained that certain Teams were physical when playing the Arse.......

excuse me Winger,but players are allowed to tackle and suchlike.

i liked the Leadbetter celebration..... :thumbup:

a lot of emotion for him and i hope he wasn't booked for his actions......

Ref's book Players for such stupid things these Days............

I read the full transcript on Friday, best laugh I have had in quite a while. I didn't know that about Leadbitter's old fella cracking strike mind you.

Looking forward to catching the Circus later on tonight after the Chelsea Villa game, the West Ham Bolton game on at the moment us livelier than I expected .... Live footy on the Box and beer, what a life :content:

No complaints from regarding the game Long Gun. Congrats, deserved point.

I didn't agree with Wenger's post match comments as well.

I also think Keane is doing a great job there.

We have some endemic problems. We're good in a one off. When we're at our best I don't think anyone can do anything about us. We lack consistency and a leader. When Tony Adams led us out on the pitch and later Vieira. We had iconic figures that even the opposition respected if not feared at times.

Gallas doesn't have that quality and we don't have that on the pitch as well. I've long said we're a continental squad playing in England. We're better suited for the continental leagues and CL than for the grind that the 38 games in the EPL are.

I was hoping we get a dominating (both on the pitch adn personality wise) defensive CM behind Fabregas as well as center back. I see us 3rd or 4th if things don't change.

Villa look strong and O'Neil is doing a great job. When Fergie goes I can see either O'Neil or Keane as leading candidates with Hughes a 3rd choice.

Anyone think sperz are too good to go down? I would love it but some think they and Newcastle are too big (or good) to go down.

Happy for Hull. I like their manager. He seems very old school British. Tough, fair, bit of fight in him. No complaints about their win as well.

I still think its Chelsea's title as it stands now, with man yoo making a game of it. Liverpool have the points but we've seen this story before. At some point they have a bad run or two. This may be that one season they put it all together but I don't think so. The last time they had a very good run at the title was in '02. Were not for a string of wins they could have nipped us that season. I thought at the time Houlier should have kept Anelka as well. He partnered well with Owen that season.

BAILOUT PLAN FOR SPURS REJECTED!!!! :surprised::yikes::yikes:

The world of football was rocked to its very foundations last night, when the controversial proposed bailout of Tottenham Hotspur FC was unanimously rejected by the Premier League.

The Spurs crisis began in 2006 when the Board inexplicably began to invest substantial sums in so called subprime footballers, each of whom is now effectively worthless.

"No one bothered to check if these players had any ability to pay back the enormous sums that had been invested in them," said one anguished fan, "...the club just assumed their value would keep on rising."

With pressure growing from nervous creditors, Spurs were obliged to sell their remaining valuable players like Berbatov and Keane, leaving behind only 'toxic assets' like Bentley and Pavlyuchenko. "We spent £29million on that pair....seems crazy now doesn't it?"

It is impossible to tell what they're worth now, because demand for such expensive mediocrity has completely dried up.

Spurs had begged the Premier League to create a bailout fund to purchase their entire first-team squad, thus freeing up the club's finances to re-invest in more competent replacements.

As confidence in Spurs began to evaporate meanwhile, other richer clubs became increasingly unwilling to lend to them, except on prohibitively stringent terms.

"We were rather hoping for Carlos Tevez from Manchester United," confirmed a club insider, "...but they'd only lend us Frazier Campbell."

However administrators were unrepentant, adamant that Spurs were not after all 'too big to fail'. After a weekend of often emotional deliberations, they voted not to set a dangerous precedent.

"We refused to bail out Derby County last season," admitted a Premier League spokesman, "...though to be fair they had more points at this stage than Spurs do."

Steve, you're right about Gallas, I don't think there's any doubting his will to win but he doesn't seem to channel it very well through his team mates. He seemed to stick himself upfront towards the end on Saturday but just looked sulky and stroppy. I think Fabregas is ready for the job, though Wenger doesn't. He may still be young but he's been in the team for years now, and he's older than most of the current squad.

As for Phil Brown, top bloke, comes from my home town and is a Sunderland supporter, though he's made some strange Newcastle-sympathetic noises recently.

Happy for Hull. I like their manager. He seems very old school British. Tough, fair, bit of fight in him. No complaints about their win as well.

Suprised to see you say that Steve given your well documented dislike towards Big Sam!

Phil Brown was caretaker manager at Bolton for a month in 1999 before Big Sam took over and worked along Big Sam at Bolton until June 05 when he was offered the Derby job. A lot of the ideas used at Bolton, Pro-Form Statistics, Bringing in a "past it player", playing the "English Way" etc were just as much Brown's ideas as was as Big Sam's and he is applying the same principles now at Hull to good effect.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived