Call off July trip ?????

vinod

Hi

Some how I a feeling that this time things could get out of hand, not like the last bloodless coup... following the news, both the PAD leaders & PM are head-on ..... maybe in weeks time.

BTW I took the call and called off as we've a major contract, our bread & butter for next 2yrs :):) to be signed in Japan, aound 15th July, which was clubbed with the Bkk trip.

It is not that I chicked out... was in SA last month when there was trouble but this time I did't want to take chance, specially with Japanese clients where these people are very fincky about shcedules, meeting or delivery. :(:( .

cheers

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That may be right' date=' but your style of posting is pissing people off.[/quote']

What pisses them off is the fact that they don't have (or, when pressed, quickly run out of) arguments to oppose mines and that I don't let them off the hook.

Look at how quick Suadum, The_Munchmaster, Drogon and Teddy have been to post on this thread after I wrote that I was going to take a holiday from the board. The only content of their posts is ME, not my arguments and not the topic of the threads.

Each of those posters have still to address all of my posts to them in the various threads of the last few days where I have been writing detailed point by point replies which they have regularly ignored YET they have the time and will to post about ME... It says it all, doesn't it?

Anyway, I am really taking a (brief :) ) holiday so I won't answer the other IT posts which I were going to reply to but I will post a short reply to the OP: nobody can give you a definitive answer but IMO things are going to get more complicated and worse in the short term which is when you are going to TH. My advice would be, obviously, to monitor the situation and take a final decision at the latest possible time bearing in mind that depending on where you will be and will want to go if something major happens it might be difficult to get in and out of BKK and, depending on where you are, the airport.

Figleaf

And you Don't post about me spewing out shite or are you just trying to choose your arguments now then son?

....Hi trip will end somewhere in his port of departure as he would certainly try to argue with dockers....

No problem' date=' we'll get Frede to bribe the dockers. :smirk:

[/quote']

Na, someone in your purist of pure company already has that base coveered.

the odds are slim at best that a coup, should one occur, would have any affect on you while here, or your ability to use the airport, if the last coup was any measure.

Hi

if we take into consideration the last coup, it had no effect on the airport :):) ... but you could get stuck on the road :surprised::surprised: .

Just read in BP that the parents of the children in & around schools at the government house have gone to court. Just wondering how the court will step in TIT. :(:(

cheers

• 1 month later...
the odds are slim at best that a coup, should one occur, would have any affect on you while here, or your ability to use the airport, if the last coup was any measure.

Hi,

This was what I was expecting, when I planned my Jul., trip. Looks like LOS is heading for shut down - Rail's stopped, Phuket airport roads blocked, TG union supporting the PAD.

Just a matter of time the PAD takes over the roads to Bkk airport like the Government House.

PAD looking like they are getting desprate and will go to any extent, in the process killing the economy in the short & long run.

cheers

Archived