Car prices in Bangkok?

drogon

Seems that I already found a decent car through a board member...(and he is not scamming me or I would be surprised).

Why a car?

I like being autonomous wherever I go.

It would make the life of someone else easier and she would be very happy with that...

Going to the office will be much simpler

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTO

Exactly Mate, You have told me how you took the plunge and bought a new motor a few months ago. it costs an arm and a leg to begin with but once you are on the ladder it works out OK, You must have seen the 6 Millo Baht Benz Parked outside the 2 Millo Condo's.

3 Years ago I paid 1,219 Millo for the Fortuner and last weekend I was offferd 900K trade in for a new one, less than 10K / Month depreciation less than 1/4 the cost of renting. But as Pe7e said, if you are not here full time it does not make sense to own a vehicle, you tie up a large sum of money that depriciates over time whilst not earning interest, but as you said in the West you would loose just as much by driving of the forecourt, it depends if one is pretending to live here or is actualy living here whether or not a vehicle makes sense.

There have been too many threads recently about cost / house loans / visas etc so I save my breath now but if here long term vehicle market is better than housing market IMHO.

I left "her"

This "her" is another "her"

Who you know how? I didn't think you'd been back to LOS since breaking up with your last girl?

Sounds like he's finally found someone that really is "different" on that dating site he was cruising. :)

Mekong - actually it was the DarLek who bought the car with her book advance - (book published by "Evans" in UK and in English only at this stage).

I'm too poor to have the deposit - though that changes at last over the next few months!

I was surprised when we dropped into the dealer over Songkran they already started making good offers on a trade in.

Next time I want a van - for work/large family I have acquired.

However the OLD HiAce with the high roof is exactly what I want the NEW Hiace I hate- far too big -

I like the Hyundi Van's - but too expensive - oddly very cheap in LAOS - go figure!

Archived