Why I'm Betting On Barack Obama's Victory

JayT

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, and got us out of the depression with war spending...and then the biggest period of post war boom ever...of course, I am sure a repub was actually behind it all...

FUCK, Americans need to stop the party fighting, and just demand shit be done! Stop the finger pointing and grid lock, they are all responsible for it!

In fact, I say we blame ourselves, we are the fools who keep electing these fuckwits, thus convincing them we like the dick in our ass, and what they are doing is o.k. with us.

GWB may well have out done him. And I believe it was IKE, a republican who sent the first "advisers" into Vietnam...or was it Truman (a Dem)?

LBJ cost 58000 American lives and lost; GWB is only up to about 4200 and we are winning this one.

Don't remember who sent the first advisors to VN but JFK (a Dem) was going to pull them all out; after he was killed LBJ started ramping up and made a fortune from the VN war.

S1

I just looked it up, it was Ike who sent in the first troops, as he was fearful of Uncle Ho getting too many votes.

I forget which executive order LBJ signed which basically led to the build up in S.E.A. Kennedy originally feared the commie threat in Lao (he added the "s" to make it Laos or so the story goes).

As for the 58,000 killed, that was IKE, Kennedy, LBJ and Nixon...LBJ may have had the worst of it...though I think Nixon got the "bloodiest year" of the war, 1968. GWB is off to a good start, especially if we stay in Iraq another 50 years..."if that's what it takes..." And are we really winning in Iraq? Don't think we ever will defeat those people, not as long as one of them is left, and willing to strap a bomb on...

"...LBJ started ramping up and made a fortune from the VN war..."

And what do you call GWB/Cheny and the whole thing with Halliburton?

I recently read, and I'll look for the article, that by today's standards, Nixon was really a conservative Democrat, and LBJ was really a Liberal-moderate republican...hard to see that 100%, but that is all hind sight anyway.

<< Right, and got us out of the depression with war spending...and then the biggest period of post war boom ever...of course, I am sure a repub was actually behind it all... >>

In fact the US was sliding back into depression after WWII. It took the Cold War to bring back prosperity. Then the effing USSR had to collapse and ruin the economy again, so we invaded Iraq to bring prosperity back ... or something.

:dunno:

... cost 58000 American lives and lost; GWB is only up to about 4200 and we are winning this one. ...

Praise the lord.

Also, please remind of today's definition of winning. You may start with any item on Kamui's list or feel free to add something new.- I notice that he failed to mention about [color:red]ONLY[/color] 4200+ killed in Iraq (boon for the mortuary biz :thumbup: or the great job we're doing restoring the Taliban to their former leadership ... oh wait... nevermind... Taliban bad (not sure if this is true today. What's the latest BushCo spin?):

Please check the areas in which we're winning:

- paying the war debt

- national Economy

- international Economy ($, bad loans/flawed banking system, trade deficit)

- war in Iraq

- catching Bin Laden

- political corruption in the government

- financial corruption in the government

- downgrading consumer rights

- downgrading freedom rights

- downgrading scientific research

- downgrading environmental protection

- alienating his closest allies (GB, Germany, Spain, e.g.)

- global cultural leadership

- global leadership on human rights

- Middle East (Israel, Palestinians, e.g.)

- Latin America

Archived