Why I'm Betting On Barack Obama's Victory

JayT

OH

Remember where I work; we are winning this one the surge worked. Almost too quiet!!! :sleeping:

S1

"...The Surge worked...?"

It worked (past tense) and we are winning? so what do we need, another surge? The people saying we are winning this one, are the same people who initially said it would all be over in 3 weeks, and gas would be $1.39/gal at the pump...but it was never about oil was it?

Ok, so we "win." Then what? Say we pull out, and then what? we won, so we left, and then what happens? Most likely, the country (Iraq) goes to hell with internal strife, tribal warfare etc...or is that all over when we "win?"

So, say we "win" but we stay to maintain a balance for "...50-100 years if that's what it takes..." Did we really win? These shit bags are going to haunt us from now until forever, and we won?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like all terrorists they can bury their guns and bombs and just go home if it gets too hot.

Extra troops cost extra money and are withdrawn when things quieten down.

The guns and bombs are dug up and away it goes again.

Ask the PLO, ask the IRA....

Remember where I work; we are winning this one the surge worked. Almost too quiet!!!

Just cuz it is quiet doesn't mean it actually worked. Where's the political progress? Afterall, that was main reason for the surge according to Shrub. But nevermind that. We've only met 3 of the 18 stated objectives. 0.167 -- that's not even a good batting average in Little League T-Ball!

Hmmm. All I hear are crickets...

It is quiet because Petraeus used the oldest tactic in the book -- he bribed the bad guys, giving $216 million to Sunni militias since the surge began and arming them to the teeth. By the way, please don't ask me how talking to Iran is "appeasement" but bribing Sunni militants isnâ??t. :banghead:

It's all bullshit and needs to stop NOW!

Cheers,

SD

... cost 58000 American lives and lost; GWB is only up to about 4200 and we are winning this one. ...

Praise the lord.

Also' date=' please remind of today's definition of winning. You may start with any item on Kamui's list or feel free to add something new.- I notice that he failed to mention about [u'][color:red]ONLY[/color][/u] 4200+ killed in Iraq (boon for the mortuary biz :thumbup: or the great job we're doing restoring the Taliban to their former leadership ... oh wait... nevermind... Taliban bad (not sure if this is true today. What's the latest BushCo spin?):

Please check the areas in which we're winning:

Actually I have to modify my list:

- paying the war debt

- national Economy, [color:red]it got worse and it might get even more worse, when more banks are collapsing, and with major car makers in trouble[/color]

[color:red]- exploding energy prices (remember the promised cheap oil from Iraq?)[/color]

- international Economy ($, bad loans/flawed banking system, trade deficit)

- war in Iraq

[color:red]- war in Afghanistan. Yes, there is a surge as well, by the Taliban[/color]

- catching Bin Laden

- political corruption in the government

- financial corruption in the government

- downgrading consumer rights

- downgrading freedom rights

- downgrading scientific research

- downgrading environmental protection

- alienating his closest allies (GB, Germany, Spain, e.g.)

- global cultural leadership

- global leadership on human rights

- Middle East (Israel, Palestinians, e.g.)

- Latin America, [color:red]here it looks a little bit more positve, US supported coup against the FARC in Colombia.[/color]

It's probably no coincidence Hezbullah took over Lebanon, China Burma and Zimbabwe told the UN to butt out and the US is negotiating with Iran (which is why the oil price is down 3 days straight). Looks to me like the Cheney/neocon policy has gone as far as it's going.

The US got rid of Saddam (a win!), but then created a mess and has now cleaned up (to an extent) the mess it made...so it has attended to its responsibilities, but actually hasn't won anything. It has simply gotten back to where it was. Progress, real sustainable progress, has yet to be achieved and this has cost 800 billion dollars, thousands of lives and has occupied valuable time and attention better deployed elsewhere (such as domestic economic concerns).

A win, kind of, but at what cost....and was it worth it?

PHIL Gramm has resigned as co-chair of Republican White House hopeful John McCain's campaign after calling the United States a "nation of whiners", the former senator said.

"It is clear to me that Democrats want to attack me rather than debate Senator McCain on important economic issues facing the country," Mr Gramm said.

"That kind of distraction hurts not only Senator McCain's ability to present concrete programs to deal with the country's problems, it hurts the country.

"To end this distraction and get on with the real debate, I hereby step down as co-chair of the McCain campaign and join the growing number of rank-and-file McCain supporters."

Link

The wheels are coming off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived