Why I'm Betting On Barack Obama's Victory

JayT

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he achieves anything on this forum it will be to get a lot of lazy American expat members off their butts in November and get down to their embassy to vote Democrat.

Well J2 as one of these so called "lazy American expats" I will be voting for McCain not Oslama!!

S1

I'm currently watching the Presiden'ts press conference and I have to say my view isn't one of anger but mostly pity with a fair amount of disappointment. Bush seems to have lost it. I think he knows he has no legacy and any good he may have achieved in the last 8 years won't be remembered.

Just a guess, but his father must be quietly disappointed in his son's presidency as well.

Its a bit embarassing frankly watching him sputter around answers to questions posed by the press.

If there is an argument against Obama by Republicans about Obama not being prepared or having enough experience its Dubya himself. Dubya a one term governor with no previous political experiecnce. It was a plus for me that he didn't have years of being corrupted by the political process. He has turned out to be very naive to put it kindly. So, the best argument against Obama is Bush's presidency ironically.

Sad...so sad to see him now.

If he achieves anything on this forum it will be to get a lot of lazy American expat members off their butts in November and get down to their embassy to vote Democrat.

Well J2 as one of these so called "lazy American expats" I will be voting for McCain not Oslama!!

S1

I meant no offense dawgy, but it is surprising that the further we get from home, and the longer we stay away, the less important once pressing interests become.

An example would be the National Football Tipping competition I subscribe to, this year I not only need a reminder email every Thursday, I need to check the form as I can't remember who won the week before.

Mind you, that could also be senile dementia setting in. :(

I've forgotten whose column I read it in, but a rather interesting viewpoint was that Dick Cheney destroyed what could have been a decent enough Bush Jr presidency. I remember my dismay at Cheney being picked for VP. With almost anyone else as veep, things would have had to have been very different.

You donâ??t vote at the Embassy, you must mail the the absentee ballot to the local district you are registered in. In order to vote, you must register by 5 Sept 2008. Elections, even federal ones, are controlled by the states, therefore there is no mechanism for a polling station to be located at a US Embassy.

I do believe that if you put the proper US postage on your ballot, the Embassy will send it to the US for mailing.

Don't be scared- you won't turn into a pinko lefty commie just for getting your ballot from Democrats Abroad.

To get an absentee ballot by email, click here.

Archived