Why I'm Betting On Barack Obama's Victory

JayT

I'll vote for anybody but Republicans this year -- and if the Democrats are as bad as you say, I'll vote them out of office four years from now too. That's democracy.

And my vote will cancel yours; the Dems are not going to save anyone they will just put the $$$ in other fat pockets on thier side. LBJ the biggest richest war monger of them all was one of your Dems.

Politicians are all crap Reps and Dems!! So you have to look out for yourself.

As far as saddling my grandkids with debt I plan to leave them something!!!

Smoke a cigar and calm down :neener:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only one who is going to save anybody is Jesus Christ and any God fearing Republican will tell you that Jesus Christ is a Republican.

The Republicans are all for health care it is just people don't recognize their policy. They have been building hospitals and providing health care to Iraqis at USA citizen expense. USA citizens should realize that we can only afford health care to all USA government employees and all of the Iraqi people. If the citizens of the USA want health insurance, they are going to have to work harder, make more money, so as to be able to afford health insurance.

"...As far as saddling my grandkids with debt I plan to leave them something!!!..."

A lot of parents were PLANNING to leave their kids and grand kids something, but that isn't working out so well, despite the best of plans.

The best thing you could leave your kids or grand kids is a decent world where they can earn their way, and NOT have to rely on/wait for a handout from grand dad when he kicks.

Okay I don't agree with Mr. Obama's policies!!! Happy :neener:

I am against anyone who is going to cost me money which is what his policies would do.

My political affiliations are based strictly on who puts the most money in my pocket! If that makes me shallow and materialistic; oh well no one else will look out for us. :dunno:

Congratulations' date=' you may have had more money in your pocket the past eight years (I didn't, but maybe you did). However, that was just a loan, cuz we have to pay for the last eight years. Funny how that works. The GOP loves them the spend first and tax later, leaving the latter bit to the Dems who always have to bail out the sinking ship.

If you were honest with yourself, you'd see the need for the adults to take over again. The children have had their little party the past several years, spent like a drunken sailor, and now we have to clean up the mess. Our own kids will have to as well, this mess is so big. Do you really want your grandchildren saddled with the burden as well, just so you can have an extra few hundred bucks in *your* pocket at the end of the year?

And you call yourself a patriotic American. Sheesh! Patriots think of the greater good as well as themselves and balance them both.

Why reward failure? The Republicans have gone against everything they said they were for. They said they were the party of small government, and they bloated up government instead. They said they were the party of keeping America's soldiers at home rather than sending them all over the place as the world's policemen, and now we have not one, but two Vietnams. They said they were going to get government off our back, then passed the No Child Left Behind Act that tells my child's teacher how she has to teach my child, something that ought to be between me, my child's teacher, and my local school board where I can call up my school board member and bitch at her, not some goddamned Federal bureaucrat in Washington D.C. They said they were for balanced budgets, then ran up the biggest budget deficits ever. And so on and so forth. Seven years of that kind of nonsense. There used to be some Republicans who were men of principle and honor. But I'll be damned if I can find any of 'em in the current bunch. Since this is a democracy rather than a dictatorship, I'll vote for anybody but Republicans this year -- and if the Democrats are as bad as you say, I'll vote them out of office four years from now too. That's democracy.

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

As is often the case SD, totally agree with you, couldn't have put it any better. :applause::worship::applause:

As someone who's watched elections for more than 50 years let me say that there is one sure sign that a right wing government is about to go down the toilet.

It's supporters start saying...

[color:red]"ALL POLITICIANS ARE CRAP"[/color]

Cripes, you really are a banana republic aren't you?

Not a banana republic, rather a constitutional federal republic. States hold elections to choose a slate of electors who then meet in the Electoral College to elect the President. The Federal government is supposed to stay out of the States' business.

Okay I don't agree with Mr. Obama's policies!!! Happy :neener:

I am against anyone who is going to cost me money which is what his policies would do.

My political affiliations are based strictly on who puts the most money in my pocket! If that makes me shallow and materialistic; oh well no one else will look out for us. :dunno:

Shallow and materialistic? I think not. Gotta add ignorant if you think GWB hasn't already prepared a huge bill for you to pay.

He's just going to leave it to the Dems to deliver it.

[color:red]

And my vote will cancel yours; the Dems are not going to save anyone they will just put the $$$ in other fat pockets on thier side. LBJ the biggest richest war monger of them all was one of your Dems.

[/color]

Fantastic. You guys cancel each others' votes.

Mine will be the one that counts! :neener:

[color:red]

As far as saddling my grandkids with debt I plan to leave them something!!!

[/color]

That's a good, solid plan.

That way, they'll be able to afford to give back the $$ that BushCo borrowed from the Chinese. :thumbup:

"...the Dems are not going to save anyone they will just put the $$$ in other fat pockets on thier side..."

Can you name 1 politician, regardless of party who did not line his own pockets? I can't think of 1 who left office as "poor" or "poorer" than when he entered office.

"...LBJ the biggest richest war monger of them all was one of your Dems..."

GWB may well have out done him. And I believe it was IKE, a republican who sent the first "advisers" into Vietnam...or was it Truman (a Dem)?

Archived