Church says sorry to Charles Darwin

Julian2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"You were raised RC, right?"

Yep. Until I started questioning the stuff at 12 years old. Luckily my parents were/are really cool and told me that even though they believe, they would not influence my decision in any way.

Only been to a church 3 times since, burying my grandfathers and showing my wife a church.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"The 'tongues' is a known language."

So, how come nobody has been able to translate it? If it was language rather than gibberish you can bet someone would have figured out how to translate it by now.

No offense meant, but to me all this 'talking in tongues' is bullshit.

Of course, I am severely biased and despise organized religion.

Sanuk!

KS, unlike 99% of christians, I can completely understand one hearing this stuff and thinking "..this is completely insane!"...lol...hypocritically I think the same when I read what the Scientologists think for instance. hahaha

My guess is 99% of those that speak it (and that percentage may be on the low end) aren't speaking in tongues and a lot of them don't even believe they are speaking in tongues. Some honestly do believe they have the gift. Some of my relatives truly believed they did and they are the norm rather than the exception in that part of christianity.

However, my test is what the bible actually says about it. That its supposed to be spoken to enhance the word, meaning what is said has a spiritual purpose and second, someone is there to translate it. I've never heard either done.

I take absolutely no offense whatsoever for any comments about christianity and its rituals, etc.

CS, be interesting if someone recorded speaking in tongues and had a linguistics prof study it to see if there is a grammar, uniformity of forms etc.

Make a change from folks doing their PhD studies in Linguistics on extremely obscure languages spoken by a few hundred people on some small island in the Philippines.

CS, be interesting if someone recorded speaking in tongues and had a linguistics prof study it to see if there is a grammar, uniformity of forms etc.

Make a change from folks doing their PhD studies in Linguistics on extremely obscure languages spoken by a few hundred people on some small island in the Philippines.

Archived